CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

where to buy used paddle tires? (that or cheap ones?)

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to buy used paddle tires? (that or cheap ones?)

after going to silver lake for the second time i am now feeling the need more than ever for a set of paddle tires....

my riding buddies think v paddles are the way to go (they have 3 sets of sand stars and a set of skat traks)

i like to drag/hillclimb but also like to slide...they dont think i could slide well with haulers but what do you guys that have them think?

where can i buy used paddle tires/rims? i cant really afford 90 some dollars a tire right now... (thats like 300 bucks for a pair of paddles ill use maybe 3 times a year)

that or i was thinking of buying some cheap paddles like gbc's version of a hauler?

any input is appreciated

Old 10-12-2003, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

Do you want to slide or win drags? I like to win drags[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Thay slide ok, not like 18 holeshots[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2003, 02:03 AM
Pro Rider

well i dont drag all that much...but winning drags is nice...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
can you NOT slide haulers? i mean is it just HARD or what? i like to whip it around from 5mph or so can that not really be done with haulers?

i also want to know 8 9 or 10 paddles?
im thinking 10 is a bit much.... but most run 9...

lastly what should i gear? i have stock gearing currently, but i do have a 14t that i got from rockymountain i never did get around to installing

Old 10-12-2003, 11:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider

try ebay look on the classified adds at the bottom of the page, go to the whats in your garage thread, and just what i'm sure some one on here might have some to sell.

Old 10-14-2003, 02:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Roost,

Don't get the 'cheap ones' the ONLY thing that will do is cause you to buy expensive ones later. Used is your best bet - I bet if enough people see this thread someone might email you with an offer. It seems a lot of guys on here buy a set of tires then decide they don't work how they want them to and sell em quick. I saw The Punisher go through a set of paddles that way after one short ride. (I think he had them sold before they were unmounted from his ATV though.) If you get Skat Trak - look for 22" tires, these will measure about 20" with a ruler and there is plenty of clearance. Don't get 20" skat traks as those are about 18" and I think you'll spend too much time trying to life the back end of your DS650 with a FULL 12" of suspension travel out of 6-12" deep holes in the sand. (Yeah, imagine every time you stop you have to life the *** of your ATV somewhere between 18" and 24" then set it on top of the small mounds of sand you've created next to your tires - not fun! that is what the wrong timres will do for you.)

If I hear of any good deals I'll direct them your way, though honestly I'm usually the last person to hear of deals. Also look for sets of paddles for other ATVs - even if they have rims you can unmount them, sell the rims & get some new rims for your DS. One of the best 100% pre-fab paddles (IMHO) is the Sand Skate II. I bought a pair of these (used) and they are great for the price even when new you'll find them on a lot of Banshees. They are also true to their size - they say 20" on the side, and they measure 20" on a ruler.