CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dirt Drag Tire

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dirt Drag Tire

QUADMAN650

Let's do it!. I got hole shot out of every DS with them Ohtsu's that I ever raced. THe one bad thing about the shredders is they are soft and will wear quickly on hard surfaces.

Old 11-09-2003, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default Dirt Drag Tire

Originally posted by: Entomber
QUADMAN650

THe one bad thing about the shredders is they are soft and will wear quickly on hard surfaces.
The Ohtsu's wear FASTER than the Shredders.

Old 11-09-2003, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider
Default Dirt Drag Tire

yeah my ohtsus def. didn't last as long as my shredders. then again when i first got my quad i did a lot of burnouts on the road. but actually i have been doin them a lot latley with my shreds too lol.

oldmanracing- j/w if you have seen me racing before at monkey butt? were you at the event in portage?

Old 11-09-2003, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default Dirt Drag Tire

I had to work so my son raced at portage with 3 of his buddies.
At the last race at milton my son's quad did not have his picture taken.
Pictures were taken of most though. What was your number, so I can see a picture of your quad during racing.
The girls that have fast ex's are highly prepared. When the father even gets down on his knees to pack dirt in front of the rear wheels, thats pushing it.

Gearing: 14/40 = final ratio 2.85 15/43 = 2.86
I think were thinking maybe 15/42 or 15/41
Gear selection will be made after tire selection.

Thanks all for the input, I know this subject is hard to define based on varies track conditions.
Good thoughts and input is what makes this forum so good.

Old 11-09-2003, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider
Default Dirt Drag Tire

O GOT OUT ON THE ROAD AND RIPPED A WHOLE LUG OFF OF MY OHTSU TIRE THESE THING COULD BE SLICK AND STILL HOOK UP GOOD ON DIRT

HOW FAR IS NEW JERSEY FROM HERE

Old 11-09-2003, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dirt Drag Tire

My preferences:

1) Pro Wedge II

2) YFZ 450 Knobbies

3) 400ex Ohtsu 501s

The Pro Wedge II's fit 8" diameter wheels and Pro Wedge 501's fit 9" diameter wheels. I ran the 501's and if I were to buy a set today, I would buy the II's. The II's have a wider tread (same pattern) on the tire which I am sure will hold up better than the 501s. I don't know how either of these compare to the 4snow.

I have run the 400ex Ohtsu 501 and they work great for a knobby tire. I think that on hard packed dirt the rear tires off the new YFZ 450 would be excellent. I will try them in the future.

Daren

Old 11-09-2003, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dirt Drag Tire

oldmanracing, i was just gonna say you mighta have seen me cuz my friend won the 400 4 stroke/250 2 stroke class in portage. in milton i was number 279 and i believe i have pics up there. couple of my other friends didn't get pics taken tho, kind of makes ya mad.

Old 11-10-2003, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dirt Drag Tire

Originally posted by: Oldmanracing
Yes, my son and I go to the monkeybutt races often.
We tried front struts the last time and with the kenda klaws ran well.
We were looking for a tire that had some growth since the ds is not a high revving motor in stock form.
jugallo
do you race at monkey butt? my friend really likes his fast trekkers for the drags. they seem to hook up pretty good. i have shredders n they suck. i lost last time cuz i had zero traction with them. if i had my choice tho i'd get the pro wedges or 4 snows. a lot of the big guys are runnin realtors but their a really heavy tire. holeshot MX's seem to work pretty damn good too
oldmanracing
Monkeybutt track is a grass track with a clay based soil launch area.
Traction is most times too good. With a cv carb, trying to keep rpm's up so as to get good 100' times is difficult. I just got some new carb springs to try out and hope that will help bottom end.
I would like to gear lower for more bottem end, but with a 14 tooth sprocket up front I will run out of gear on top. Do not want to shift into 5th gear. Thus I need a tire with fair traction and good growth.

You guys must be goin bannanas racing there I heard it can be real hairy and sometimes a bit crappy. Do you get good hole shots? bet there a lot of ooes and aaahhhhs huh. butt I guess that should be expected.

Old 11-10-2003, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dirt Drag Tire

Did I just make a butt out of myself by monkeying around?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2003, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dirt Drag Tire

marrtoo,

I look up to you.

Quick Reply: Dirt Drag Tire