CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ron woods pipe produce good power?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ron woods pipe produce good power?

don't they hit the caliper wen jumping?

Old 08-09-2004, 10:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

I jumped with mine for years, but I think I had to put a few xtra washers on the back canister bolt to bring the pipe away from shock.

Old 08-09-2004, 11:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider

the one on the other ds is all banged up from hitting the brake. it has never impressed me.

Old 08-11-2004, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

First, decide where you want your power to increase, then what mods you will do in the future, then decide what type riding you do, because clearances are a factor on some pipes. I've dyno'ed most pipes out there (the Bull stops there! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]) and ran several of them on my bike.

There are alot of bad pipes out there that lose power, but there are good ones that increase power significantly at a given rpm range, while giving little or no gains at the remaining rpm range. And still, others that give small gains everywhere. Some pipes are only good on modified motors while others work well on stock ones. There is one that drastically increases power everywhere on any motor, but is very purpose built.

Old 08-11-2004, 01:23 PM
sam
Pro Rider

Randall,

that last post you made got me pumped, but left in the dark [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] to many of those and others words used, please spill !!!!!!! inquring mind want to know[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Sam

Old 08-11-2004, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I'm trying not to sound like an advertisement for several exhaust companies. They aren't paying me, YET! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I can't even get them to send me a demo pipe to dyno, so I've had to buy all these pipes. By the way, anyone need some once ran dyno pipes, some are turds, but they look good!

What do you want to know?

Old 08-11-2004, 01:50 PM
sam
Pro Rider

I understand not getting paid Or someone copys your findings w/ out compansation. so this is up to you.

I gess a list of the pipes you tested how they rate and were they improved ,lowered or the same power in the RPM range. From the end cap, slip ons and full systems to drag. CT, alba, W. bros. PC, trinnity, RWR, FMF, yosi. Big Gun, MRHP, MBRP, ect
Sam[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-11-2004, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

What pipes do you have and how much ?

Old 08-11-2004, 03:11 PM
Elite Pro Rider

well at this point my vote still goes for graydon- ct , but i can't run a drag pipe where i ride, but they perfer we run stock pipes here and any aftermarket pipe is a chance at a ticket. i've seen the fmf and big gun on several ds's but they don't seem to wear well no clue what the power might be. the trinity looks good but i've heard it isn't strong in the added power department.

Old 08-12-2004, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SANDMAN430
well at this point my vote still goes for graydon- ct , but i can't run a drag pipe where i ride, but they perfer we run stock pipes here and any aftermarket pipe is a chance at a ticket. i've seen the fmf and big gun on several ds's but they don't seem to wear well no clue what the power might be. the trinity looks good but i've heard it isn't strong in the added power department.
I would agree with Sandman 100% on performance. I haven't seen the "wear" problems with the FMF though (yet).

I'll try to get together some notes and make a full report to you guys on pipes as soon as time permits. I haven't tested the MBRP - only heard reports - if anyone wants to send one in, I'll test it.

Quick Reply: ron woods pipe produce good power?