CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dumont this weekend??@ The hill

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 05:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumont this weekend??@ The hill

i used to have a 16t and could barley run in 3rd on a lucky day. i run a 15t now and pull in 3rd and 4th. i wouldn't be surprised if he could almost do 5th with a 12t.

Old 11-15-2003, 05:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Pulling and making it up the hill in a higher gear are 2 different things. With the right tire and gear combos I could get my 100lb son to pull the hill in 4th on my quad but not right now with 22" tires and 12/41 gears. He can go up it in 4th but it's not pulling. I'm in the power up the hill in 3rd now with that setup and I'm 250lb. I know DumontRaptor is a younger person and probably only 150lbs or so, so I guess it's not as far fetched as first thought.

Old 11-15-2003, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

I can pull 4th gear also but that doesn't mean I am gaining any speed up it! As a matter of fact I really have a hard time beleiving anyone is gaining speed up the hill in 4th gear. I would like to ride something that would pull 4th and gain speed.

Old 11-15-2003, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

Well that trip had alot of problems, ill post them all in yami forum when i make a new thread in a minute. I need to buy a new chain to put the 12 on cause it was too loose, I went up comp 2 times with it and it skipped, yes I did pull 4th, with 20" 8 paddles tho. Im sure with the chain tightened enough it would work better, but i changed back to 13t while i was out there. For my mods, my quad is doing excellent IMO. I weigh right around 160lbs, pull third hard and fast, Seems like the webcam produces real good high end power for me. I love that cam. The trip went bad for mario... poor guy.

Old 11-16-2003, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider

What happened to Mario? Nothing real serious I hope!!!!!

DuneDevil

Old 11-16-2003, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

I'll let him explain is he wants too, that is when he's done hating this sport [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-16-2003, 02:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

UEAh, Ill Vent a bit...Dunedevil, remember when I was talking about how good the alky 720 had been running?? I knocked on wood REAL loud but it was tooo late!!!!!

BROKEN CRANK, flush with the case!!!%^#&^#^#^%$^end-less DARN $$$$ PIT! thought I sheared the timing key, until I pulled the cover off and the flywheel and everything was still stuck to the magneto,[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] it snapped shifting into 3rd. Im beginning to regret this$$$$spending on these quads. I was just beginning to irritate the guy on the 420 cheetah gas banshee ...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

It was good to see ya Dana.
Anyone got a bottom end willing to trade for something.??

Old 11-16-2003, 02:28 AM
Pro Rider

Wow, that sucks, sad to hear the case was bombed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] You know why your other one was leaking out the breather yet? I hear honda's are reliable, get yerself one of those [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 11-16-2003, 02:31 AM
Pro Rider

there was one on ebay not to long ago...check w/quadpro in canada they sell ds parts REALLY CHEAP..you can get a stock crank for around 200 bux

Old 11-16-2003, 02:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Thanks Tate, I will call them...

Dana, them hondas were darn lucky I had to leave early, TRUST ME. And yes I think I have the yellow bike dialed in now/weve been working on it for a few hours , I put the 48mm intake and carb on it and she is doing very well with NO hesitation. It will be back out MAYBE.."optomistic"

Quick Reply: Dumont this weekend??@ The hill