CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dumont this weekend??@ The hill

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 04:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumont this weekend??@ The hill

Dang, Mario...you need some sponsorship! Wish I could help ya out a little more than this....Quad Pro Glad to hear you didn't get hurt...

Old 11-16-2003, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

Mario, was this "the preacher" built bike or the samcoe? either way I'm sorry to hear it.

Old 11-16-2003, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

Man, this is not good!!!

I would check with the place that Ds650RaCeR had mentioned. Then I would check with MR HP since he is working on the stroker, he might have something up his sleeve. Stacy had to get a crank from someone at one time. He might point you in the right direction.

Do you know what might have caused this? Pre-ignition, Two many RPM's, over heat the bottom end, or just a rough life?
Sorry to here this!! Hope you get it running soon.

DuneDevil

Old 11-16-2003, 03:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Majorecho, it was not the preachers motor..thankfully

Dunedevil, the sand was wet and it was like running up a paved hill, ALOT of bikes were getting annihilated by the hill.
And yes it was stacys old bike, I heard the cranks do this when out of balance, But what do I know.I will talk to Eric about the stroker crank know...I see alot of potential with the preachers motor with tvi head, with the same alky set-up that I was running with the bike that is broken...There is alot of torque here. Thanks for the help guys

Old 11-16-2003, 03:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i've lost count how many cranks have been broken at the flywheel. mine broke and i replaced it with a new stock crank and it hasn't broke again, but i lightened the flyheel and starter gears, too much weight hanging off that one side of crank. i think there are bad cranks out there. the material is not hard enough either.

see broken crank pic in my imagestation album.

Old 11-16-2003, 04:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Running into a few problems of my own. Preacher is going to stop by this afternoon but, looks like we'll be pulling the head and puttinng in a new oil ring [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

With the sand so wet what gearing should I run?

Too much last minute stuff here!

Old 11-16-2003, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

Glad to hear good news about the one bike mario.

Duneme if you are refering to the sand being wet thanksgiving weekend, it may dryup a little before then. If not, then I have no clue what gearing you should run, if you have it gearded perfect for dry sand then maybe a tad lower gearing

Old 11-16-2003, 08:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Duneme, if you really want to get serious about gearing, bring a set of 22inch and 20inch paddles along with a 15 and 16 tooth front sprocket and you can gear for either side of hill .. One side is steeper than the other..I run 16-40 gearing with 22in paddles...

Old 11-17-2003, 01:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I'll set it up with the 40 on the rear and the 22" tires. I always bring the old 20's as spares but, don't mind changing the front sprocket. Thanks for the advise.

Very interesting about the sand (how different conditions can be from place to place). Sand Mt. Nevada is wet right now and will stay wet until March. Really can bog you down.

If I remember correctly, the hill at Dumont isn't quite as long as the one at Sand Mt. and not quite as steep either? (Is that right? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] )

Old 11-17-2003, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider

About the Hill.... The traditional comp hill isnt too steep, a little to the right of comp hill it gets quite steep, from videos, comp hill isnt as steep unless right a little on the right of it. The far right hill, the one I like to run isn't as steep as comp but seems to be like a longer run

Quick Reply: Dumont this weekend??@ The hill