CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

760 big bore?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 760 big bore?

Dune Devil,

7mm stroker on a stock bore would be about 707cc. You read my mind on the lightweight piston coupled with the stroke. I'll let ya know if it reduces my 300ft times.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
This crank will go in without having to clearance the cases or remove the counter balance, no spacer plates, stock piston pin location etc. It's a direct bolt in assembly with a new 4340 chromoly rod.

Halflifter,

I was just going to have JE make me a custom set. 111mm is 4.370 I'm sure they have a forging that would work since that is so close to 4 3/8 and I would say you could find a good ring pack since its a common bore size for big block's.

MrHorsepower

Old 11-16-2003, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default 760 big bore?

Boy, until I read about WikedDS, I forgot about the abuse you get if you talk about building a quad and don't take it to Glamis. I almost quit this forum myself after talking about my LT. I feel I'm safe because I stated right away that I don't want to be the king of any hill. Some day I do wish I could go to Pikes peak with my friends banshee project.

I am impressed about how much work you guys put into your machines. I was tired of hearing other guys talking about there stage kit banshees and 250's. Not many quads are home built.

I also learned from Wicked that finding a longer timing chain was difficult. I'll have to look into that.

Why do you guys want a small bore stroker? I've never built a 4-stroke before so I just want to know. I want to leave the stroke stock because I don't want to get a new cdi and valve train to rev it.

MrHP, I figured I would need one made but you got me horny when you mentioned you the same size that I was looking for. I was hoping that you found a Pinto piston on your garage floor that bolted right in.

Old 11-16-2003, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!
Default 760 big bore?

Stroking the crank 7mm brings it up to 90mm. Stock bore is 100mm so I wouldn't really call it a small bore stroker. This engine is so big to start with that it doesn't really need much either way. I'm just looking at simple effective ways to increase power and keep reliability.

MrHorsepower

Old 11-17-2003, 06:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 760 big bore?

I wish WickedDS would have not left.

918Taxi has since grown into a Stage3 and has gone into a cacoon and came out KMduner. I believe he would be more interested in WickedDS's way of thinking now. lol.

I would like to see what the OPTIONS for the Rotax 650 truley are. It would be awesome to see some of the guys on here that have the talent and resources make some one off parts for the ds.

Right now we are only as fast as we can get running a conventioal set-up. just buying different pistons and cams set-ups that may or may not give us the edge over our buddys. But the only people that have really thought OUTSIDE THE BOX have been Jeff and Scooby, and WALLA would you know it!!! they are the Fastest DS's that I have seen to date. Hmmmmm.

Basically what wickedDS did was biuld a KIETH BLACK single. That is what its going to take to truley become STUPID fast!!!

Bigger.

Old 11-17-2003, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default 760 big bore?

How did I get dragged into this?????? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

My bike will stay a stage 3. I have absolutely zero plans for modding it any further....

My new toy is a different story. My turbo should be here tommorow. My wife can't figure out why I can't leave anything stock.

Old 11-17-2003, 06:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 760 big bore?

LOL! sorry man, I was reading those old threads and forgot that you gave that guy alittle grief. Not to bad though.

I am glad to hear that your getting you new toy tomarrow!!! You have to promise me a ride, if I am lucky enough to make it to Glamis this year.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Bigger.

Old 11-17-2003, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default 760 big bore?

You know it man, I'll have a seat with your name on it. It should be fun trying to keep up with Jeff. He has way more Travel and HP but I'll bet my rail is a lot lighter. Should be some good runs through the dunes.

Old 11-17-2003, 07:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 760 big bore?

KM, are you going to go to Gordon's Well with Richard for Dec. 26-31? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Dan (CapCityDS) will be there with his new rail. It is just like Jeff's except better!
Jeff wants to go but, he hasn't cleared it with his Wife yet (she has other plans for him [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] )

I'll ride 8itch with anyone that will let me!

Old 11-17-2003, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default 760 big bore?

Hmmm....the subject changed?

Dune me,
You can catch a ride with me anytime.........BUT YOUR NOT DRIVING!!!!! you scared me last time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 11-17-2003, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default 760 big bore?

Oh heck yes I'll be there. That's my stomping grounds. Not sure I'll be there from the 26th though. Probably 28-2. Can't wait to see you guys again.

Quick Reply: 760 big bore?