CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ds on a diet

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 08:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ds on a diet

found some cheap easy weight the tool kit comes in at 1lb. 4.9 oz, that should be good for two stall visits. also got the new 04 front motor mounts and those are good for 8 oz. plus i found some stainless bolts that take off some more the stock steel set up is 1lb.1.4 oz the new set up with new bolts is 8.1 oz. well i'm working on getting rid of that .1 think the drill will find that and more. well this is a lot of work but it is kind of fun always thinking if i sand a little more or file some ruff edges off, plus it will make aluminum parts easier to polish. well there is about 2 pounds today, and tomorrow i will look at all the bolts that hold that plastic skid plate on i'm sure aluminum will work fine there, plus there are a lot of steel bolts in the plastic bumper, but that whole thing is gone. probably going to remove the rear skid stuff next. well on the frame i see powder coating in the future and was thinking that a couple extra passes with the sand blaster might find a little extra

Old 11-18-2003, 08:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ds on a diet

IS THAT SCALE PORTABLE

Old 11-18-2003, 09:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default ds on a diet

yeah ity is but it only goes to 5 pounds, they hade some that were for more weight but they were out of stock. need one for tires and odds and ends now. weighed the new bars but with the bar riser it may be more than stock. need to get a taller lighter steering stem.

Old 11-18-2003, 09:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ds on a diet

JUST GETTING THE 770 TOGETHER I DONT WANT TO DO MUCH NOW BUT I THINK I WILL START PLANNING A WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM FOR NEXT WINTER (DID YOU CHECK ON THE WEIGHT SAVINGS ON THE AXLE)

Old 11-18-2003, 09:14 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default ds on a diet

some of the other guys run the ti axle but that will set you back a cool grand or should i say 995 plus shipping. mr hp has a way to drill some weight out of the stock one and still be strong looking into that a lot more than the titanium one. talked to scooby and the battery will be a next on my list the ktm 525 battery comes in at 2.9 pounds.

Old 11-18-2003, 09:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ds on a diet

DOES ANYONE KNOW WEIGHT SAVINGS ON TI AXLE

Old 11-18-2003, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default ds on a diet

sandneck said somethung abut a aluminum oil tank does anyone make one?think mines cracked
sorry to intrude

Old 11-18-2003, 10:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default ds on a diet

Sandbomber i belive the axel and hub assy.was good for 13 lbs its been awhile since i weighed them but i belive that was it ????? if you do a search in some threads i listed the savings when they were fresh in my mind !!!! and sandman cut the center of the front rear fender bracket out 2.oz (mine is cut right next to the bolt holes i just have little tabs sticking out) and you can cut the flat webbing out in front of your air filters 5-6 0z(i moved my fuses and my regulator and whacked her right out) titanium bolts where ever you can. install a onan regulator rectifier and save 4 oz's and way better than factory[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] and once again the list gose on !!!

Old 11-18-2003, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default ds on a diet

install a onan regulator rectifier
Give up the goods on this AZSand! What do you mean?

ktm 525 battery comes in at 2.9 pounds.
And who has the part number for this batter? Is it a Yusa? Will it crank over the DS that has been modified?

Thanks for any help!!!! I need it.

DuneDevil

Old 11-18-2003, 11:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default ds on a diet

I got tired of blowing the factory regulators and installed a regulator on my small bike out of a onan preformer series motor and its working great!!! I am still in the testing stages but alls going fine right now and it is 1/4 the size of the factory unit and far more rugged and they come in sixteen and thirty two amp. If the truth be told the wisconson W2-1230 use a very similar regulator that is in between the ds and the onan and so dose the kohler 20hp series and it has better cooling fins. if you give me a few more weeks i will be done with my testing and will know if this a quality mod???????

PS: If all gose well these bad boy's are only 34-42 dollars [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: ds on a diet