CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ds on a diet

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ds on a diet

I just finished gun drilling my stock axle. It's also narrowed 3inches each side for drag racing. I weighed it with the iron sprocket star before any modifications and it came in at 19lbs. After gun drilling and installing the '03 aluminum sprocket star it's down to 9.5lbs

I have been racing for two years with only 3 bolts holding the sprocket, no problems yet.

Aluminum bolts are way cheaper than titanium.

Zip tie all plastic where possible.

MrHorsepower

Old 11-19-2003, 12:21 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default ds on a diet

so how much did the 6 inch weigh? and how strength is lost drilling the axle?

Old 11-19-2003, 09:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default ds on a diet

Mr hp should i take all my drive sprocket bolts that are titanium out and replace them with alumimum bolts???????

Old 11-19-2003, 10:34 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default ds on a diet

hey azsand i thought i was getting somewhere on this light stuff, and you whip, out some stuff that i couldn't even find in the dictionary[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] well keep throw out the odds and ends it seems to be a endless search and filled with small rewards, but hey it could all add up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but i was happy i saved 23 grams on the new motor mounts. and over the old steel ones i'm very happy, and we did decide 10 pounds was worth a quad length at sand mt. right?

Old 11-19-2003, 10:51 AM

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!
Default ds on a diet

The 6 inches weighed about 3-4lbs. I don't know about strength yet but the axle's in my drag car are gun drilled so I figured why not. I will say this much, this axle is going to FSW so we'll see how it hold's up to the woops.

AZSAND, if you are running Ti bolts now there's no need to change them. Aluminum bolts need to be in a low strength application anyway.

MrHorsepower

Old 11-19-2003, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default ds on a diet

OH come on now, no one will give me the make and model of the battery?

AZsand, please keep me informed on the regulator. Did you use to burn out your tail lights and head lights? I am and am thinking that this might help me out!

Thanks

DuneDevil

Old 11-19-2003, 08:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default ds on a diet

try a led bulb they make a big difference on burn out, i was blowing headlight bulbs about every other bump and switched to the new dual head light which is lighter and brighter. rocky mt. says it is a ytx5l but i'd check and see if they make a gel battery or whatever they send on the dirt bike, hey if you do this let me know how it works.

Old 11-19-2003, 10:08 PM

Default ds on a diet

Hey DuneDevil I think Randall has that battery in stock. It's the same one I use on my 200x to power the Vac pump. But I dont know the part number right off hand.

MrHorsepower

Old 11-19-2003, 10:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default ds on a diet

hey where do you get those vacum pumps?

Old 11-20-2003, 07:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default ds on a diet

MisterHP, Thanks, I will give him a call later today! We will find out if this thing will work or not.

Sandman, I will let MisterHP answer that question. I know of one place that sells them, but am not sure about them (The Company). He might have a better place with better costomer service!

DuneDevil

Quick Reply: ds on a diet