CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Is Bombardier making John deere's new ATV??

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 11:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Bombardier making John deere's new ATV??

And by the way, I own both a Bombardier ('00 DS) and a Polaris ('02 Sportsman 500 HO). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Best manufacturing quality and design goes to Bombardier, by far.

You saying they should have gone with Polaris because they are made in the USA sounded pretty lame coming from a Canadian.

Old 11-22-2003, 11:24 AM
Elite Pro Rider

well it's not cool that after a short time something goes wrong but, if the thing is 150 fix and last good after that i'd be happy none of the quads out there are trouble free. seems i just put 2200 into a honda engine myself, and i thought they never broke. and for pushing snow the quest seems perfect. so if you are just frustrated cool but seems alot of things can be tracked back to owner mistakes, and since a dealer has come on here and said bomb is covering the problem yours has, seems you need a new dealer. if bomb closed your claim call higher up the corp ladder, i'm sure you will find someone that will want to grease the squeaky wheel[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-22-2003, 04:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info Big Ben. I looked at the Bombardier's before I bought my Honda and there was something about them I didn't like. They almost looked cheap if you know what I mean. As far as the Polaris thing goes, I wouldn't own a Polaris if it was given to me. I have friends that have them and they have to pull over and let them cool when we go trail riding. Not to mention the belt slipping when they drive through the water. My friend and I with our Hondas just keep going. Thanks for the info guys.

-Funkster-

Old 11-23-2003, 11:53 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: jlb
John Deere should have went with Polaris. MADE IN THE U.S.A.! Better experience for the long run. Maybe expense was the reason. Might not have been worth it.

Polaris is not very reliable -- maybe they should join up with Case IH.....hahahaha

Old 11-23-2003, 12:39 PM
Elite Pro Rider

well that is a new one that bombs are made cheap[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] everyone i look at seems pretty well put together, well i did have one of those little fourstroke 90's and i didn't like it much, but that traxter seems to have things in common with heavy equipment, i like that cooling system in the back, ever noticed that on bull dozers, that's so sticks don't cause water leaks. for a farm i think the bomb would be the one to have, but if you want a trail 4x4 they would probably be the last choice.

Old 11-23-2003, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SANDMAN430
but if you want a trail 4x4 they would probably be the last choice.
actually its not as bad as you might think

Old 11-25-2003, 02:06 PM
Trailblazer

The 500cc model sold by JD is an exact duplicate of the Traxter, but in green, with yellow hubs and a JD sticker. They are made in the same factory, in Valcourt, 30 miles from where I live.

The Traxter is a great machine, build like a truck, very reliable with a gear driven, automatic transmission (I own a Traxter Max, the 2-seater model). This ATV is so strong, I once turned over a car with it in a scrap yard, just for fun. For a farm, the Traxter or the new JD is definitely the best workhorse to have around.

The Quest is a completly different machine, with a belt driven transmission. They did have a few problems with the earliest models (backfire when slowing down, etc), I think they fixed most of them. I have friends that would not trade their Quest for anything else.

As far as Polaris, hmm, let's say that the friends that I have that have a recent model Polaris usually miss half the rides because of leaking water pump, electrical problems, busted shocks, etc. The last ride that my friends went, two Polaris guys stayed home fixing their water pump ... again ...

Old 11-26-2003, 06:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info Jackrabbit. I enjoyed your post.

-Funkster-

Old 11-26-2003, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jackrabbit
The 500cc model sold by JD is an exact duplicate of the Traxter, but in green, with yellow hubs and a JD sticker. They are made in the same factory, in Valcourt, 30 miles from where I live.

The Traxter is a great machine, build like a truck, very reliable with a gear driven, automatic transmission (I own a Traxter Max, the 2-seater model). This ATV is so strong, I once turned over a car with it in a scrap yard, just for fun. For a farm, the Traxter or the new JD is definitely the best workhorse to have around.

The Quest is a completly different machine, with a belt driven transmission. They did have a few problems with the earliest models (backfire when slowing down, etc), I think they fixed most of them. I have friends that would not trade their Quest for anything else.

As far as Polaris, hmm, let's say that the friends that I have that have a recent model Polaris usually miss half the rides because of leaking water pump, electrical problems, busted shocks, etc. The last ride that my friends went, two Polaris guys stayed home fixing their water pump ... again ...
Sad to hear about their experiences with Polaris. I ride with many of them and none of them have had any kind of problem. I had a Magnum 325 that was as rugged and trouble free as any machine I've seen.

Old 11-24-2004, 02:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

I own a 2005 John Deere Buck EX. And for the money I am glad I bought it. And the Buck is not a Bombardier Quest it is a Traxter. It has no belts in the transmission and no chains to drive the axles like all the small quads. It is a gear to gear transmission with shaft final drives. And I would love to see anybody elses 500 try and pull mine around. It goes anywhere and does anything that I need it to do. If anyone has questions. Just ask. I will be happy to answer them.

BuckEX1

Quick Reply: Is Bombardier making John deere's new ATV??