CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lectron 44 ... issues..need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lectron 44 ... issues..need help

The Z400 is my dads quad. Works great for him. When I ride it after riding my DS, the Z feels like a little toy. I never really feel comfortable on it. The power and suspension are more then enough for average trail and dune riding. The new yamaha and honda are in a whole nother league when compared to the Z. I am curious if suzuki/kawi will revamp the Z to be competitive.

Old 12-15-2003, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

Entomber, I ran my throttle cable between the tank & tank cover around the side of the tank (thumb throttle side) to the steering stem & then to throttle. That way the cable will be pointing straight up out of the carb before you side around the tank. This is the way that buttfungus ran his cable so I did the same with no problems. buttfungus has pictures on his profile picture page or his web site.
Later!
Joe

Old 12-15-2003, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

I need to get a Hold ofr MisterHP cause I can't figure out this cable at all. Thanks for his number Joe, I called him last night and he was as always a great guy to shoot the breeze with. Basically my DS is on serious hold. I'm going to try to do all the other things that need attention but as far as getting this thing to run it will be a while. I need a new cable simple as that. I'm going to ask if he can make it a certain way for me. I'm also going to send him a manifold to get that extra 4 HP! I need every ounce of power to smoke my Stage III bud.

Sand, The new Yammy has a light feel to it but no bottom and runs like a 2 stroke. I like bottom end grunt like a 400 EX, Z400, DS650 and Raptor. Those new quads are just high revving mahines.

Old 12-15-2003, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

Entomber PM me your email address & I'll send you some pictures of how I have mine set up. It looks like you have the same cable that I'm using. Also the tach seems to work great.
Thanks.
Joe

Old 12-15-2003, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Joe,

I forgot I sold ya that tach hahahah. Please do send me the pics. I'm kind of bummed out this little snag is holding me up. What I'm concerned with this throttle cable is that how does it attach to the thumb throttle housing. Also seems too long. Check yer PM.. Thanks.

Old 12-15-2003, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

Entomber I just emailed you some pictures.

Old 12-15-2003, 11:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Hey guy what you need is a banshee 90deg throttle cable and a new a thumb throttle assy to match the cable looking at your pic's you have a diesaster on your hands

Good luck!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-15-2003, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

Entomber check your emails again I sent more pictures[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I didn't need a 90 degree on mine! The cable might need some adjustment or shortened. It can be worked out. event though I didn't use the 90 degree doesn't mean It won't work. I know I'm happy with my set up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] your not far off. Let me know if I need to send more pictures of my set up?
Later!
Joe

Old 12-16-2003, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider

I can resolve my problem right now if I know how to make the stopper on one end of the cable. I was wondering if solder would work?

AZ no Yamaha parts on my DS lol... (no pun intended brethren) I know that terrycable can make me a cable and a thumb throttle.. but I like the look of the stocker. Only thing that concerns me is having to live with a hole in my thumb throttle housing. I also don't want a sore thumb after I get off a Shee.

Joe thanks again for the pics... I appriciate the time you took out to help a fellow dser out.

Old 12-18-2003, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

Heres a little tech tip I figured out with that area of concern--where the cable comes into the top of the carb--because the little boot can pop off the nut I used some splicing rubber (electrical) and wrapped it up. Splicing rubber can be bought linerless or linered from a Graybar, Consoledated Electrical Distributor (CED), Cresent Electric, or any other good wholesale electrical place...really good stuff! It will keep the cable where it's supposed to be and keep dirt and water out.

Jiminok

Quick Reply: Lectron 44 ... issues..need help