CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I got a bigger hammer...

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003 | 11:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default I got a bigger hammer...

Hey Jim, in your opinion how much more power than bigger do you have. I ran against him and was very impressed, and if you have more? Very impressive.

Justin

Old 12-20-2003 | 06:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Jim,

I can say they all installed well....! Unfortunatly I wont know for sure how things run until after Christmas - I'm hoping to go out for at least a day trip somewhere near New Years.

And congratulations on getting your machine fine tuned! It seems MrHP can work some pretty good magic so I'm looking forward to see some of it on my ATVs. This will be the first time I've ever installed anything more than a basic pipe on an ATV for more power. I hope to see your machine at Glamis this January, do you think you'll be able to make it? I think we need to have someone with a large EZ-UP show up and bring a big cooler with cold drinks inside. Last year kinda sucked after the fourth hour is standing out in the sun.

Old 12-20-2003 | 09:40 PM
|
Pro Rider

I don't know if I'll be able to out run bigger or not...he's a pretty savvy dragster--matter of fact one time he and I swapped quads and he still beat me by a few lengths...he was kinda sore at me for not running the bull any better than I did LOL! I'll give it my best shot when we meet up tho. Matter of fact, not to rub it in, but were headed that way in the morning. Sort of a last minute decision to go...hope there are a few people to race!

I was intending on going to 4swars but it just isn't gonna happen this time. I think were gonna try to head west for spring break though and would hope to meet up with a bunch of the forum dudes I've met...I'll get exact dates and try to make a plan for the end of march for dumont probably.

Anyway just gotta call and I've gotta run...thanks for all the congrats guys...later

Jiminok

Old 12-20-2003 | 10:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Jim, It seems to be, That alot of people are not too thrilled about FSW more and more people are backing out, That guy who holds the event seems to be pretty un-professional and the whole deal seems un-organised (I.M.O), Azsand backed out of meeting me at Glamis this weekend, I told him I wanted to run his "big bike" and he would not set a date, He is probably afraid of the raw HP surprise that I have for him...

And as for "King raptor", I will not reply to your Very counter-productive forum, I dont have time...It seems like you degrade most of your members, and you like to call people out, Which you have no idea who your even talking to...Tell me you have the fastest raptor after fsw when you get out of shock and reality sets in..LOL

Is there any good solid info on all these other forums??? (NO)
There only seems to be a WHOLE lotta keyboard racers...LOL

I will be at Glamis to put a few bikes in check with HP and skill at fsw or not...I just hope it isnt a big dissapointment for all the contendors that anticipate a WELL organised event..

Old 12-21-2003 | 12:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mario,

It won't be organised, but I had a great time last year. It won't be any different than a day at Dumont, drag racing realy. You'll get aquainted with your class, and will have to take it upon yourselves to keep track of who wins and the eventual winner in your class. A pain, yes. But, until the BLM lets people hold events like this at Glamis that's the way it'll be. Just go there with the intent on meeting new people, racing alot of others on a different hill than usual and you'll have a good time. If Banshee chick is there running her shee, that'll be enough for me. Nothing better than seeing a good looking woman riding a very fast quad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Jim,

Be sure and post when you'll be able to make it to Dumont.

Old 12-21-2003 | 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jiminok
Okay while you were waiting...we were playing on the dyno![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Remember fellas this is during break in and with a STOCK PIPE and my mufflershop endcap...drum roll please!

59.8HP...49.00 FTLBS TORQUE.
This was with items mentioned above on stock bore and KOCH 110 race fuel...time ran out so the alcohol tuning didn't get to happen but I was satisfied with the outcome and am looking forward to my next trip to the LS dunes! I'm pretty certain that after the rings finish seating I'll be over 60hp...I also had my axel preload nut a little tight which will be loosened up first chance...

CAN YOU BELEVE IT? I couldn't either even MrHP was a bit stunned...he had told me not to expect much more hp than what I had on tuesday but more torque for sure. The thing is that the power curve is so smooth it almost feels like stock bike power--just a bunch more of it.

LOL...state stickers...BIB, yer too funny! How about weekend after new years? Were leaving for NC Thur morning to go see Papa Charles (my dad) and Nanna Frannie and Mama Kat. Megan would be mad at me if I changed plans now...she plans on getting spoiled next weekend!!!

Anyway, many many thanks go out to the Kentucky Bad Boys--MrHP and everyone at Richard's! Thank you guys for inviting me in and putting up with me and most of all for the BIGGER HAMMER!!!!

Jiminok

P.S.--Justin...LOL! If the weather holds for new years weekend and your healed up...see you there!
Chris---what'dya think about your upgrades?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Jiminok are you going to make it to the ATPT Nationals in june?

Joe

Old 12-21-2003 | 03:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

ANNIHILATER & wshrdskn,

I think you're both quite correct. I think the most idiotic part of said event is to try and hold it at Oldsmobile hill - the hill where the BLM swarms around! We went to about six or so different 'big' hills at Glamis last time I was there; guess what I only recall seeing the BLM at Olds. All it takes is for the organizing party to use a little intelligence and hold it where the BLM isn't.

I think even for an unorganized event, it could be made quite organized - if they're going to go to the trouble to make and hand out trophy's then why not go to the trouble to make the event itself go smoothly. It was fun, to a point - however if you're going to try and get people from Texas and other states to drive to Glamis I think they're going to need the happyness of knowing there is going to be at least a little organization. (Really I don't think the chance to win a plastic trophy is enough incentive to drive from Texas to Southern California.)

Is there something about Oldsmobile hill that makes the event somehow better to be there? It's been over a year since I was at Glamis but I still remember those other 'big' hills as being damn nice and especially nice with no Rangers around.

Old 12-21-2003 | 12:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Oldsmobile hill is the icon of Glamis. I understand why the event is held there. I'll be there with a smile on my face and a video camera in hand. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I'll see those that go, at Dumont over new years weekend.

Old 12-21-2003 | 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

Me and Joshie were out at Glamis this weekend. Olds sucks. It has huge whoops almost halfway up. IMO a good place to race would be at China Wall. I know it is far but at least the hill is in good shape. And the weather at Glamis is alot better then at Dumont. Was 75 degrees at 0900am. Prolly not gonna get back to Dumont till the end of the season this year, especially after shelling out 90 bucks.

Old 12-22-2003 | 10:34 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jiminok
I don't know if I'll be able to out run bigger or not...he's a pretty savvy dragster--matter of fact one time he and I swapped quads and he still beat me by a few lengths...he was kinda sore at me for not running the bull any better than I did LOL! I'll give it my best shot when we meet up tho. Matter of fact, not to rub it in, but were headed that way in the morning. Sort of a last minute decision to go...hope there are a few people to race!

I was intending on going to 4swars but it just isn't gonna happen this time. I think were gonna try to head west for spring break though and would hope to meet up with a bunch of the forum dudes I've met...I'll get exact dates and try to make a plan for the end of march for dumont probably.

Anyway just gotta call and I've gotta run...thanks for all the congrats guys...later

Jiminok
Jim,

Congrats on your mods. Eric tells me the stock bike dynoed at 43hp with his dyno. Its good to know the comparitive numbers with the new mods.

Marky

Quick Reply: I got a bigger hammer...