CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Found another goodie

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003 | 02:09 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default Found another goodie

Procomengineering has a thing called a rectifier that is claimed to add upto 8% hp increase. Is this for real? How does it work? Is it worth the cash? ($50 or so) Whats the word on the dune?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-20-2003 | 03:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

You already have one on your quad.

I'ld bet money you wouldn't see any power gain from it.

It takes the power produced by your electrical system and controls the voltage to your electrical system.

Old 12-20-2003 | 01:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hope it helps.

I think some guys were talking about something that would monitor your electrical system and when you had enough juice in your battery it would not put a draw on the charging system thus improving power??? All this electrical stuff is a little confusing to me.

Let us know how it works.

Old 12-20-2003 | 02:44 PM
Pro Rider

Big Gun has them. Here are the words directly off of the paperwork for the Big Gun performance rectifiers..

"This product will make a big difference in the performance of your ATV. As your machine is running the Big Gun rectifier, will add more spark to your spark plug and once the rectifier sees that the battery is at full charge it will lighten the load by cutting the charge to the battery at the ignition creating an easier spin of the flywheel making more power and adding at the same time more spark to the plug. This rectifier has been found to enhance horsepower up to 9% over stock! ..... "

Big Gun retails them for for well over $120.

Old 12-20-2003 | 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

But is it true? has anyone tried them yet? I know Ironrod was going to....

Old 12-20-2003 | 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

I know Big Gun had several testers in mind, including me. They actually made it through the testing process (just this week) and the claims were authenticated on thier units. I don't know who the riders were. My quad was getting fitted with new valves and I didn't get the chance to run with the unit they gave me. Big Gun held off on releasing them until they went through the process and results were confirmed by other riders. I don't know if all of the units (Procomm (ebay) and Big Gun) have the same claim to increased spark and managing the battery charger situation or not. I can only speak for the Big Gun units. I know that Procomm did have several versions running around for people to test them on Ebay with an 'As Is' warranty - and instead of giving them to testers, they were charging $50 for them and waited for people to call back with problems. They were cheap, I just don't know what the specs ended up being and how they compared to the Big Gun units. I suppose its a lot like anything else, If you have someone looking out for you, with a name behind the product (dealer and brand) you cant go wrong in the long run. I know we have seen our share of problems posted by members with regard to certain businesses - even recent history. If it looks too good .... well you know the rest of the story. JMHO.

Old 12-20-2003 | 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

Thank you Ironrod.

I can say this. Even if it does NOT provide any noticeable power I might just get one as I think it might not be bad for the battery.. If it increases the life span of the battery I will get it for that...

Old 12-22-2003 | 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

They will definatly provide the edge. Too bad I'm not going to be able to attend that national "wars" race at Glamis - It would be fun to run them in a race side by side.