CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Jr. Pulse Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2003, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jr. Pulse Install

As some of you may know I bought Saint650's Jr.Pulse Carb. It mounted pretty easy, the only problem im having now is hooking the fuel pump up. The way i got it hooked up right now is that when you turn the key on the fuel pump turns on. The problem with that is it shoots fuel into the engine even before you crank the starter. It fired for about two seconds today the first time i tried it then died. Tried to start it again, wouldnt start, and then the cylinder filled itself up with gas. The question im wondering is how to wire this sucker up.

Hey BiggerIsBetter or Saint650, could you two give me some pointers on tuning this thing since I know very little about it. I got alot of time to get it running right because of all the snow, so i got alot of time to mess around with and become familiar with is before my riding season starts back up.

If anyone wants to see some pictures of it I got some in "my page". Tomorrow Ill get some more pics of it mounted on the bike.

Thanks and Merry Christmas,
RoughRider01

Old 12-26-2003, 02:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Are you running gas?

Those carbs were never intended to run on pump gas. They were intende to run on alky, Alky has a much better tolerance for jetting. If that carb still has ALKY jets in it, you better go WAY smaller on the jet.

Anyways, I wired mine up to my Headlight switch, Just unplugg from the back of the headlight, and use the headlamp plug to get your power. Remeber you have a NEG,and 2 hots in that plugg. 1 when the switch is on LOW BEAM,and 1 when the swith is on HIGH beam. It doenst matter which one you use.

This is a good way to have control of your Fuel pressure for tuning.

Bigger.

Old 12-26-2003, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider

I am running gas, I asked saint if i could and he said that when he had it run on gas it ran great. If it gives me problems later on, Ill switch. So you just wired it into the headlights so you could have sort of an on/off switch, cuz thats what i was thinking about doing. This carb also came with a regulator and a fuel pressure gauge so that should help me tune it as well.

Thanks,
RoughRider01

Old 12-26-2003, 02:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yes,

Your fuel regulator will help alot.

You want to get your idle down first then , you'll just have to try different fuel pressures for the Mid and Top ranges, so you can be sure and not lean out the engine.

If you want to get it as good as possible you will need to go to a DYNO, and spend about 2-3 hours trying different cominations.

Good luck.

Bigger.