CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

BIG GUN !

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2003, 10:44 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIG GUN !

well , i hear that the big gun full race pipe is no good. SO, what full pipe is the best ? i can only order from a dealership near me, not online . I need a good one for trailrideing and harescrambles. stock 2003 ds650

Old 12-25-2003, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default BIG GUN !

Do you have any noise restrictions? The Ron Wood Pipe is pretty good and you can order than from most dealers.

Old 12-26-2003, 12:02 AM
Range Rover
Default BIG GUN !

no,no noise restrictions. so if i went to my polaris-bombardier dealership i can order rwr stuff from them? keep in mind i need more bottom end than top end...

Old 12-26-2003, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default BIG GUN !

From experience on the track and on the dyno: Big Gun makes great bottom end, mid -range, and decent top end but has had some flaking on ceramic coating (they have offered to do what it takes care of mine), Graydon makes decent bottom end, good mid range and carries long and hard on top end (same flaking problem), Ron Wood makes good mid and top end (excellent quality, sticks out the back way far for hare scramble bumping/grinding), Trinity/Alba: good mid only (beautiful pipe), No slip on does much that I've dyno'd. Billet endcap: great bottom and mid, decent top end increase (looks great). Don't know about the rest of them.

Good luck

Old 12-28-2003, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default BIG GUN !

Yoshi's make really good bottom and mid, and look sweet!!!

Old 12-28-2003, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default BIG GUN !

Ooops, you said full pipe.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 12-28-2003, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default BIG GUN !

I just got an email from Mike Young, president of Big Gun. This is what I told him people are saying about the Big Gun pipe

"If it doesn’t add at least 15% to the overall horsepower, is made of Stainless steel, has a USFS approved spark arrestor, and is at or below 96DB dune riders just will not buy it. One of the main complaints dune ATV riders have with regard to the Big Gun exhaust is that it does not hold together. Many people lose screws and other components in the first 6 months."

His response ...

"The 2003 and a 1/2 products are almost bullet proof for one as they have all new designs. Also for your info for 2004 our new product will be the only product that will meet and exceed the requirements of (dune riders). All Big Gun Quiet Series exhaust, new for 2004, come set at under 94 decibals. They use a new insert that is removable in seconds. Also you should also know that all Big Gun Exhaust already come standard with a USFS approved spark arrestor."

While he didn't respond to the Stainless Steel component, it does appear that they changed thier design. Anybody have the new design yet?

Old 12-28-2003, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default BIG GUN !

Originally posted by: 222
From experience on the track and on the dyno: Big Gun makes great bottom end, mid -range, and decent top end but has had some flaking on ceramic coating (they have offered to do what it takes care of mine), Graydon makes decent bottom end, good mid range and carries long and hard on top end (same flaking problem), Ron Wood makes good mid and top end (excellent quality, sticks out the back way far for hare scramble bumping/grinding), Trinity/Alba: good mid only (beautiful pipe), No slip on does much that I've dyno'd. Billet endcap: great bottom and mid, decent top end increase (looks great). Don't know about the rest of them.

Good luck

For the money you can't go wrong with the modded end cap from the right place! IMO
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-28-2003, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default BIG GUN !

The end cap is good - just no spark arrestor and is loud. For many thats ok and for them its a great deal. But, there are many that need a quieter solution that is spark arrested.

Old 12-28-2003, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default BIG GUN !

Originally posted by: ironrod
The end cap is good - just no spark arrestor and is loud. For many thats ok and for them its a great deal. But, there are many that need a quieter solution that is spark arrested.
TRUE about the no spark arrestor & loud. That wont work for the duners. Anyone that doesn't have those problems than maybe the modded end cap is the answer? IMO!
Thanks Marky!