CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Well It's Official "Say Ba-Bye to the competition and Hello DS"

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2000, 05:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well,

I see we have **** all stirred up again, oh well...

Hey Scooby, how has mods been going?

As for mine I am finishing up with a nice Alba Graphics kit and a steering stablizer. It has just been to fricken hot out here (105-110) to stay out in the garage for any length of time.

I really can't wait to go riding. It is funny, but with all the potential and power this machine has, the only thing I wanted it to have was extra power to get my fat A$$ up the steep hills in the dunes. So I will probably not be picking fights with all the other ATV'ers.

I just modified the h#ll out of it so it can breathe. I talked with some techs on the engine in the DS and they said that Stock, it is only running at 50% compacity.

"So Rock - On - DS - Owners"

Old 06-28-2000, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

Hey kawisakikid... will you fill me in as to what you think a superbike is? I know you don't have the right idea. Your probably thinking of the gp250 two stroke class making 80 hp and going tops 150mph. Superbikes are making up 190hp and top 200 mph. Go watch your speed vision and get it right.

Old 06-28-2000, 03:46 PM
Trailblazer

superbikes have Multi cylinders, multi carbs, and higher RPMS. id love to see you race a superbike....Go look at a stage 3 Kit's HP chart, wow its not like that much of an increase where you could compare it to a superbike.

Old 06-29-2000, 10:27 AM
Pro Rider

Dunepilot858, I may have been a tad bit off on my HP ratings, 100-125hp out of a 600cc bike. Also, when I mention superbike, I am referring to a crotch rocket, or stock street bike (e.g. Kawasaki Ninja 600R) not a all out race bike as seen on TV.

Since the point went completely over some heads let me use this analogy…1976 L48 Corvette. Rear wheel HP rating 165hp, yet the car will travel in speeds excess of 140mph. Gee, the car weighs over 3200lbs. According, to your modern day physics breakthrough, that's impossible...

A superbike without driver weighs what 400, 500lbs max!? Add a 200lb. rider and you a whopping 600-700lbs.! And your saying it won’t go any faster than a heavy car with close to the same horsepower?

Watch Bill Nye and get it right!

For a DS (650 lb. w/rider) to achieve speeds in excess of 100mph is not an out of reach goal to achieve (my point entirely).

****, In reference to a superbike having multi cylinders, carbs, etc. Are you saying that you “MUST” have multiples of the above to create horsepower? Is that why then, an engine from a R/C car, truck, or plane (single carb, single cylinder, with a displacement of .40, less than 1/2 a cubic inch, can produce almost 2HP!? Sure the more RPM’s you crank out, the higher a HP curve will be, but to say it “NEEDS” lots of pistons, carbs, etc. is ludicrous. What about a diesel engine? Max rpm's maybe 4000, yet able to pull 100,000 lb. loads, and depending on gearing can still achieve a speed of 100mph+

Mentioning that a DS cannot produce as much horsepower as a superbike does not instantly crush it’s chance at the 100mph mark.

Also, who said anything about racing a DS against a superbike? You’re such a brain child that you forgot what the conversation of this forum was…”achieving 100mph on a DS”. I only used the superbike as a reference.

****, spare yourself the humility and spend your time where it’s most gratifying to your ego…in some teen chat channel pretending you’re a hot buxom blonde flirting with some “teen guy” (who’s actually a 50yr old pervert) Also, spare my time. I’m growing impatient having to teach unworthy children simple facts.

Warmest Regards

P.S.
Don't forget, new rules passed in your trailer park, better hurry and get that skirting up and move that couch from your lawn back inside.

Old 06-29-2000, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider

Kawi kid why don't you use info that your actually knowledgeable with and not something you think is true. It's stupid comments like the above posts that make you not worth listening to. As I'm sure you have heard this saying before...
Opinions are like A holes.... everyone has one...
So maybe everyone should realize these are all opinions of what could be and might be so don't care so much about what others say and not try to prove your mr. know-it-all.

Old 06-29-2000, 08:30 PM
Ang
Range Rover

I dont see the problem with kawi-kid's analogy, it made sense to me. I don't know actual H.P. numbers but I think they are close enough for his comparison. Also any sport quad modified has the capability to run 100 M.P.H. The only thing wrong was the trailer park reference I believe it is mandatory to have at least 1 broken appliance, but the outdoor couch is still optional.

Old 06-29-2000, 11:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'd have to agree with KawasakiKid on this.. What he said makes sense, and he used basic logic to achieve his point. To further qualify his point, he actually went a little high with his 4000 RPMs that a diesel engine produces. In fact, most of the larger diesel engines will blow up (I have experience in this... don't ask!) if you exceed say, 2300 RPM. Unless you have a V8 gasoline engine, most gasoline engines don't even produce 'usable' horsepower at that range.

Old 06-30-2000, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

Dune Pilot I think you're in the minority on this one-must say I've never seen anyone leap to Chrism's defense like that. Is DunePilot his mom's handle? Before anyone freaks out and wastes 15 posts I'm only joking. We're here because we all have fun doing the same thing right?

Old 06-30-2000, 03:52 AM
Pro Rider

Actually Kaw, an R/C car engine with a displacement of .21 can get over 3.5 hp, thats without supercharging. Size comparison of noise levels, up to 250cc would blow out windows a block away.

Old 06-30-2000, 04:21 AM
Ang
Range Rover

.21 cubic inch is 3.5 cc's, average H.P. is 1.5 to about 2.5 the noise at scale could be compared to a top fuel car, they both run nitro methane
5% to 35% in R.C. and new NHRA limit of 90% for top fuel (nitro rules)

Quick Reply: Well It's Official "Say Ba-Bye to the competition and Hello DS"