CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Traxter VS Grizzley

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2000, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This past weekend I was at the Dog Hollow sprint car track in Indiania County PA.

I was able to sucker a Griz rider into a nose to nose push contest. (This is the method of pushing the race cars to start or remove from track).

He got pushed backwards (twice)tires spinning, dirt being thrown, belt squealing and smoking.

After the Griz has used up every excuse for not being able to make even a small contest out of it, he and his 2 other Griz buddies stayed clear.

The question? if the Griz is the big bad bear, how would you solve the lack of traction, belt smoking and making noise or just make it work. What is the purpose of the Griz, go fast and spin in the dirt?

Very disapointed

Old 06-27-2000, 01:25 AM
Range Rover

Well last i checked the Grizz or any quad for that matter werent really designed for nose to nose pushing matches. I will also say that there is no way a 600lb quad is gona shove a 800lb quad the heavier one will always win. Strangley enough last weekend i hooked my Grizz up to a stuck jeep. Put her in low and hit the gas. No i dident get the jeep out the Grizz just bucked and bounced about 2 ft off the ground. But the belt dident smoke strange you say that ????? The Grizz is a sport utility. Not a full utility like a Traxter. Perhaps you should stick what the quads were designed for and you will see where the Grizz really shines. Im not doging on the Traxter
its a fine work quad but to slow and heavy for much else.

Old 06-27-2000, 04:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Are you smoking crack? There is no chance in hell even if it froze over that the Yamaha Grizzly is even close to a sport utility machine. Sure you can have 'fun' on it, but by no means does it meet any qualification in the 'sport' category. The Wolverine, now that is a Sport Utility, as is the Lakota.

Old 06-27-2000, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

The purpose of the Grizzly?

A utility quad for people only interested in Yamaha.

As far as the weight issue argued by Yama, it's not strictly a weight issue, it's a traction issue. The Yamaha obviously didn't get as much traction as the Traxter. It doesn't matter how much power you have, if you don't get the traction, all you do is spin your wheels.

I have pushed around a heavier car in a nose-to-nose with the Baja that I had. It had fiberglass fenders, hood and trunk. This thing weighed about 2-300 pounds less than stock, or more, but I was able to push around a Gremlin, which is a much heavier vehicle with as much or more horsepower, because I had the traction. He just burned his tires, making a nice smoke show, as I pushed him all over a parking lot.

The Traxter is in the same class as the Grizzly and all of the other utility quads; it just doesn't match up to the Traxter.

Laters,
CRT_Leech

Old 06-27-2000, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

CRTLeech,
Well stated about the purpose of the Grizzley and Yamaha owners.

I felt cheated because I was expecting a real tussel, not the whimpy results. I tried against a Honda 400 Foreman, it might have done alittle better than the Griz.

The All wheel drive setup on the Traxter never came into play as the wheels never spun.

Anyway thanks for the info.

Old 06-28-2000, 03:55 AM
Range Rover

The Grizz is sporty compared to a traxter. I spent all day rideing at sand lake with the wife and a friend who happens to have a traxter. now the Grizz is no dune runner by any means niether is the Kodiak but he couldent keep up with us at all. He spent most of the day behind us or stuck on a hill. Im not bashing the Traxter by any means it is a excelent quad. It just dosent have a single sporty weld on it. To dam heavy for play
but great for work. Im shure most of you people that bash the Grizz have never ridden one. Because if you have you would understand what i mean. Its funny in the 20 years iv been rideing I have never met a traxter or any quad that i had to push nose to nose to ride and have fun. Anouther funny thing is that i rode all day in 95 degree temps and the grizz never overheated. Its cute some people would make you think that you just fire the grizz up and it melts down. Perhaps you people forget that we buy what we like if you like somthing else it dosent mean that the outhers suck they just were not what you wanted. If i wanted true 4wd i could put a locker in my Grizz but i think it performs very good stock 3wd for my needs. How well does your traxter do cookies in 2wd ???????????? OOOOO wait thats not an option. SprintPusher you say that the Honda 400 did better then the Grizz and yet it is the same 3wd setup with less power. How could that be ??????????? perhaps you are just talking trash.
Maby you hate Yamahas ?????????????? Maby you wish you had gotten a Yamaha????????? Feeling guilty or somthing ???????????

Old 06-28-2000, 04:01 AM
Range Rover

Maby you would like to go head to head with my John Deer its only 2wd but i bet it will win. No wait its all about traction right so you should be able to win.

Old 06-28-2000, 08:21 AM
Trailblazer

I currently own a traxter. I looked at the kodiak, grizly, magnum, sp500, etc. bang for the buck there is no machine out there built better.
If someone is into more sport than work, a griz would fit the bill. but my take on it is....
a utility machine can sport ....maybe not as well as some others (but i rarely get all four wheels off the ground at the same time). It maybe difficult , however, to get a sport mchine to util. That's why i bought the traxter. for the 10% i use it in the utility mode, it had better do what i want it to.

sprintpusher is not anti yammy. he was just trying to illustrate the power of the traxter.

everyone has a reason why they bought the bike they did. if anyone actually does some serious comparison shopping for a util, they'll see the traxter is a good deal. most (if not all) dealers are discounting the traxters bigtime. I paid 6100 for mine. that's a better price than i could havve gotten the grizz, sp500 or magnum for.....and in my opinion, none of those hold a candle.

John C

Old 06-28-2000, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

Thats a strange way to do it I like doing a pull off instead less chance of damage to rider and bike than going nose to nose.The winner is always the bike with low range ,the most traction and weight(Weight is good in this contest).The grizzly is lighter and does not have true 4wd like the Traxter so I can see it winning.I have heard of SP335 beating the Grizzly in pull offs because it also has true 4wd and more weight and as long as it's in low range the smaller motor never stop tuning those 4 wheels.

Old 06-28-2000, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

Where did you buy your bike at? Do you know if there is any dealers in Louisiana? Are you happy with the Bomb? I have been reading up on them seems to be a very solid bike. I think the tires need some help though. Have you had any shifting problems with yours? Hope you can answer these questions.

Quick Reply: Traxter VS Grizzley