CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

jetting recommendations for a big gun quiet series on a baja

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jetting recommendations for a big gun quiet series on a baja

I am getting a big gun quiet series and a k&n for my baja and i would like to hear some ideas on what some of you think might be the appropriate main jet sizes.I am not sure if i will run with or without a lid so information on both would be appreciated.The big gun quiet is a pipe that some of you may not recommend for building the most power but where i ride (the oregon dunes) i have to be very concerned about sound as well as power and the quiet series is the only thing that is available at least for now.I am also getting the big gun cdi for my baja and i would imagine that with the addition of a pipe,air filter and cdi the baja should wake up from where it is now.My elevation will be mostly at sea level or very close.Thanks in advance for any responses.

Old 01-12-2004, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jetting recommendations for a big gun quiet series on a baja

Stock needle in richest position (needle all the way up). 170-175 main. And play with your fuel mixture screw to get the idle-quarter throttle jetting adjusted. MisterHP will tell you to run Mukuni jets over the DJ jets. The DJ jets flow different due to a different shape inside the jet which also makes the fuel spray in a different pattern. So a Mukuni 175 main is close to the same as a DJ 185 main. Now I'm not sure what to believe on the Mukuni vs. DJ theory, because I have MisterHP telling me the Mukuni jets are better, but I also have a good friend that is also VERY educated and he says the DJ jets are better due to the different shape making the fuel spray pattern better to atomize the fuel/air. BUT, I don't know WHY the Mukuni jets are supposedly better than the DJ jets other than "ease of tuning" I'm gussing??? I hope Eric has an answer to that....