CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lectron 46hv...just the facts

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lectron 46hv...just the facts

will this carb. be ok for trail riding? sounds like a great choice for the hill shooters and drag racers !!

Old 01-26-2004, 02:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

wow, $100 an hour for diegrinder work to port a manifold - I'm in the wrong profession.

Fact - I have never seen a dyno comparison showing a chart for a properly tuned TM45 w/ accellerator pump, and a chart for the exact SAME bike running the 46HV lectron. What I wanna do is hook up with somebody who has similiar mods as me running the Lectron, race them, then swap carbs and see if the result changes. I think that would be fun and interesting.

But I can't run a Lectron, because I travel the country all year long and ride a different altitude every other month ranging from sea levle to 10K and nobody, including professional Lectron tuners, have ever been able to tell me an easy rule of thumb on how to adjust this carb for altitude changes. But perhaps more testing has been done since my last inquiry, and if so I'd be happy to hear about it, and if the above carb swap opportunity ever presents itself and the results are good, I would then consider dropping the high dollar, just as long as the sticking at full throttle that previous Lectron carb owners have mentioned has been corrected for this HV model, which I'm told has been, although I know at least one with the HV has experienced it none the less.

Old 01-26-2004, 02:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

1.Well as fact would have it any after market carb will (when properly tuned) give you a seat of the pants differeance and especialy if the intake is ported!!!!properly [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

2. The lectron is easy to tune in any form for the money a 48mm lectron with a good ported intake will be a more economical way to go[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] and yes you can run a 48mm on a ds with awesome results!!

3.Has any one did an indepent test on this 46hv on a dyno. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-26-2004, 02:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Az, Im getting the 46 in a couple of months. I plan on dynoing it soon after. I will scan both dyno sheets and post them when I get finished.

Old 01-26-2004, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

Its the ONLY carb for trails!!!
That is what I ride and its perfect!!!!!!
No lowend bog it just rips anywhere in the power band!!

Old 01-26-2004, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

JDsBUSA, there are many different formsof lectrons carbs from older models that were strictly drag models to the one MRHP is selling which looks like the has the most fuel circuits for various rpm ranges. I don't think you were lied to. The first lectrons were meant for wide open throttle.
An interesting point would be where were these carbs during FSWIII? I only read of one DS in the top 2, that was in the stock class. Any word on what he was running?
Last years winner of the stock class ran a stock carb with K&N on the carb, rejet and gear changes and he wieghed 240LBS.

Old 01-26-2004, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

thanks m-STUD, i just need a few extra bucks now!!!

Old 01-26-2004, 06:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

1. Actualy at the cost these carbs are getting too!! why wouldn't someone just go with true fuel injection for just a little more wouldn't that be the best way to go????

2. Have any of you looked at the edlebrock carbs i rode billds's once and wow that was a true differance???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] and cheaper than were talking here???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-26-2004, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with AZSAND about the fuel injection. I run the MR.HP 46hv carb and it works great, but I think fuel injection would be the best option. I am suprised the new yamaha and honda 450 didn't have fuel injection. The R&D would be extensive, but it would be great to be able to hook up your quad to your computer and change the fuel maps. I believe a few people in here are running custom made one off efi, it would be nice if there was an efi bolt on kit. Any word on the KMS efi?

Old 01-26-2004, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

What about that throttle body that Sain650 and Bigger were talking about? Or do you mean TRUE FI with enjectors and programming?

Quick Reply: Lectron 46hv...just the facts