CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lectron 46hv...just the facts

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 08:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lectron 46hv...just the facts

Nope!

Old 01-27-2004, 09:55 AM
Pro Rider

Well I have only had my DS for about 2 weeks, for a couple of days before I had done my research, and decided
mrhp was the way to go. Sure I could have gone RW I for $1200 and got a new pipe, and cdi, but made less hp than what I have now , And it would have cost substantially more. But I would have had a cooler looking pipe. The end cap looks great, but that satin black canister just aint gettting it done. I had a human error when installing the carb(i went thumb throttle so i had to modify the housing) thaught I new a better way...I didnt. I emailed mrhp, late one night and told him my problem, he called me to make sure everything was right..Will FBG do that?? I dont think so, I havent been into quads but a year or so, but I have never had anyone until recently so concerned with after the sale satisfaction. I have been in streetbikes for a while and trust me they dont give a ****. I highly recomend mrhp, and marky.
Thanks
Justin

Old 01-27-2004, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider

I was just wondering why there are not any threads disscussing mrhp lectron 46hv tuning problems? or I just bought a mrhp lectron 46hv and I can't get it running right? I would say this is the result of a great product with outstanding customer service! IMO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You get what you pay for.....I am not knocking "the other carbs" because when tuned right they run fine, but there are only a handful of folks that can tune "the other carbs" to their potential. It's your hard earned money and we all want the best bang for buck. That's one reason why it took me so long to upgrade to a new carb. But I know now that I made the right choice!

Old 01-27-2004, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider

Before I bought my carb from Eric I was talking with Kevin at FBG and he would NOT even field calls like 3pm or something goofey. They lady that ansewerd the phone said I would have to call back then and wait in line. Eric is always VERY responsive to his requests.

I had to make 1 turn of the rod on the carb and it was great!

Old 01-27-2004, 10:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

I don't belive anyone on here has said MRHP carbs aren't that good because they are !!!! There lectrons and you can throw them at your bike. It will run better just for the experiance of having been around a lectron!!!!!! And i have more lectrons laying around than most anyone here!!! And they will never compare with a fcr in preformance and i think it is unfair to people to suggest they will !!! they are above the stock for sure but nowhere near a fcr!!!We use them for running race gases because the amounts of fuel we have to send threw the carbs(with nitro i have to tripple the fuel flow)and the lectron is especialy suited for this type of air flow with enough room for dual power jets.But if you wish to check any time im not running a nitro mix i have my fcr's on my bike [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] opps that was a secret!!! But it is a fact!!

And no one is picking on MRHP there is alway's two sides to every story and people have the right to hear both sides and i for one agree with bartlett the price of the 46hv is excvessive due to the fact you can buy a 48mm around 320ish or a 44 mm around 289ish and this is what the site is for to offer a forum where people can see all sides of a subject. And if they have a tad of talent can save a few bucks here and there?????????

And i will again maintain that i have never recieved a lectron that upon explaining to kevin what i was up to wasn't right the frist time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Well there you go[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 01-27-2004, 10:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Lots of people over the past few years have spent $50 and hour doing dyno testing on stuff, and then came on here posting what they tried and how they achieved certain things - they SHARED. that's what this forum is supposed to be for, its not a damn billboard on the side of the freekin highway for christ's sake.

Now we got a guy who spent the same amount of time toying with a new item, and instead of sharing the part # for the super secret metering rod that you all rave about he sells them for a pretty penny. there's no sharing of any kind going on here, just sales pitch, and all you guys raving about how awesome this carb is are free advertisement. Instead of working for free for somebody else why don't you guys just remove your carbs, look inside, and share the friggin info stamped on the sides of the parts? Hell, for all I know maybe Lectron doesn't stamp any form of i.d. on there rods and power jets, maybe its just not possible to share? Well somebody has to know how to tell the difference from one part to the next, so whoever you are, just share. If you got the carb with the right parts in it, then simple trial and error from there can work very well for a lot of people, and half price at FastByGast starts looking pretty good to some. Just ask AZSAND.

Now obviously there is no need to dispute the performance of this carb, yeah great its a great carb, but don't pretend you know its better than any other because you don't. This forum represents a small percentage of riders in the country - they're not all on here. Just because so many people on this forum who have owned Mikuni's don't know two ***** about how to tune it doesn't mean it sucks.

Old 01-27-2004, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AZSAND
I don't belive anyone on here has said MRHP carbs aren't that good because they are !!!! There lectrons and you can throw them at your bike. It will run better just for the experiance of having been around a lectron!!!!!! And i have more lectrons laying around than most anyone here!!! And they will never compare with a fcr in preformance and i think it is unfair to people to suggest they will !!! they are above the stock for sure but nowhere near a fcr!!!We use them for running race gases because the amounts of fuel we have to send threw the carbs(with nitro i have to tripple the fuel flow)and the lectron is especialy suited for this type of air flow with enough room for dual power jets.But if you wish to check any time im not running a nitro mix i have my fcr's on my bike [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] opps that was a secret!!! But it is a fact!!

And no one is picking on MRHP there is alway's two sides to every story and people have the right to hear both sides and i for one agree with bartlett the price of the 46hv is excvessive due to the fact you can buy a 48mm around 320ish or a 44 mm around 289ish and this is what the site is for to offer a forum where people can see all sides of a subject. And if they have a tad of talent can save a few bucks here and there?????????

And i will again maintain that i have never recieved a lectron that upon explaining to kevin what i was up to wasn't right the frist time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Well there you go[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
AZ is right! Look, I think the concept of the Lectron 46HV is good. And yes, on the dyno, it will pump out more ponies. However, that does not take away from the fact that the TM45 tuned with the pump is a great value - probably the best bang for the buck out there. However, if you have a TM45 now, and are looking for some extra ponies - and you got the bucks - get the 46HV.

Those out there that thave the TM45 without the pump, can get a kit and instructions from Ron Wood Racing to add the pump- CHEAP! - Your low end power will never be the same!

This is one of those decisions that is NOT a 'no brainer', and there is no black and white.

Marky

Old 01-27-2004, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

Hightower,
The reason no one says the rod type is because its been removed from the rod.. I have the only setup with the rod labled after mine they were removed and have been continued to be removed as far as I know.

I agree with you on some points yet at the same time do you think big gun or rw would disclose the exact programing of the CDI to make everyone happy. If he is making a business out of his ability to produce a very WELL setup carb and use his ability as a tool then I think that is O.K.

Its america and he is intitled to his bussiness ventures.

Free advertising is the BEST word of mouth.. Howmany people talked about the RW CDI? Think Ronwoods paid them for all the talk?
How about all the pipes that people brag about, who gets paid for that?

no one, its just the way it works!

Old 01-27-2004, 11:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If tuners and performance shops gave all their secerts away for free after their time and money spent on R&D they might as well close the doors. Then nobody would benefit from their expertice.

BTW I don't give out all my secerts on here either and I'm sure most others have a few secerts they won't share either. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-27-2004, 12:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

mystereid,

My angled paddles are not anything like the 'normal' angled paddes most people buy, or even Skat Trak Edges. The ones I invested in (yeah, an investment - $440 for custom tires on custom rims) are Sand Skate Is with competition cut. These tires are 21" tall at the carcass - meaning they would be the same size as a 23" Skat Trak, since Skat Trak tires are always 2" smaller at the carcass than the measured size. The competition cut, (meaning a couple of pounds have been removed from the tire) combined with the custom rims yields a set of paddles that are so light weight that I can leterally hold one paddle/tire with a single finger. These Sand Skate Is have 8 paddles on them. Would I buy them again - no, next time around I'll probably get some straight paddles in the competition cut - or perhaps some big Haulers depending on their specs etc.

Fore more info on Competition cut tires from the person who creates them contact Joe Goodhand @ Fullerton Sand Sports (do a search for his contact info) - he can talk your ear off about the difference of comp cut vs. other paddles. When my Baja was 100% stock and -only- had the comp cut tires on it, I was beating piped DS' at Dumont.

My first set of paddles were Kenda Trakkers 20x11x9. They measured a whopping 16.5" at the carcass, and the DS would get stuck unless it was sitting on a downhill slant when I stopped. (I had to run along side of the ATV and jump on once it got moving just to get started when on flat ground! - That was a horrible first trip to Pismo Beach!) I would agree that most angled paddles are like SARS, or perhaps even that flesh eating bacteria. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Lectron 46hv...just the facts