CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

TM45 w/ pump mod Vs. Lectron

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 05:30 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TM45 w/ pump mod Vs. Lectron

We just replaced a customers TM45 w/ acelerator pump and installed a Lectron 46. The customer says he can't really tell any difference on the bottom and mid range and hasn't run it against any other TM45 carbed DS650's. I drove it before we switched the Carbs and I agree there wasn't any difference I could feel either. This was also with the $150 ported manifold mod. No full top end wide open in high gear was tested due to space restrictions and city streets!

The customer is going to the Sand Dunes in a few weeks and he will let me know when he gets back. From all we heard on the Lectron I thought it would be like night and day. I must admit we were not that impressed for the $$$ spent. The bike is a 2003 DS-650 Baja with no internal mods. The bike has a vortex CDI and we tried different settings, an after market pipe, K&N, no air box top or tubes, 22" tires, Full Elka Suspension.

Maybe we are the exception???? I'm no idiot when it comes to Motors and I know how to wrench on bikes and high HP motors. The Lectron was set-up for sea level and we are at 600 ft above.

We'll keep everyone posted on future results and information on this topic. The TM45 with the pump mod did seem to run too rich on the bottom end is why the customer switched as he was concerned with the acelerator mod washing down the cylinder walls with raw fuel and causing a possible lube problem with the rings.

Has anyone else has similar results? I know I'm going to catch hell for this post as all the Lectron lovers are going to come after me with a vengence!

I can't help Being Honest!

GLWBEAR

Old 01-27-2004, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

No he11 here! Would there be a way to dyno between the two?

Old 01-27-2004, 10:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

No heII here your honesty is refreshing.But thats what i have been saying the biggest benifit to him will be ease of tunning if he has to make any adjustments himself when he gets to the dunes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-27-2004, 11:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks for the honesty, keep us posted as further testing and future tweeking may show improvements not yet noticed.

As for the TM45 richness, its unfortunate he changed due to that because it can be remedied. A #50 pump nozzle combined with proper adjustment and proper pilot are all thats required, its just difficult to put in writing how to adjust the pumper.

Old 01-30-2004, 01:55 AM
Trailblazer

Mr. Horsepower (ERIC) called me and E-Mailed our shop saying he'd work with us in getting the Lectron dialed in. He also said that he'd give us a FULL refund if the customers wasn't happy. Eric seemed a little upset and I agreed to work with him and our customer. I must admit, he does stand behind his product and there aren't too many out there that will bend over backwards after you've paid your $$$ to help you.

Eric, seems like a stand-up guy and I'll keep you all informed after we make the needed mods and tuning changes. I know we all want the Lectron to kick *** on the TM45

I'll keep you all informed

GLWBEAR

Old 01-30-2004, 08:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Now thats going above and beyond.

Old 01-30-2004, 09:04 AM
Pro Rider

Yea and the Lectron is over priced [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

That is exactly why I bought mine..

Old 01-30-2004, 09:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

I think its great MRHP is going to try and asist them in making the carb preform that in my eye's is good.And there are several sources for lectrons and i use 2 my self because they both are very committed to customer service
TRD and FastbyGast.Also i have had great luck and service from sudco with all my fcr's. and there are several people on this site that give untouchable service.

1.Gary @tvi
2.The bom
3.ironrod
4.JR @Russel karting

These are just a few and im sure it has rewarded them well because the behind the scenes talk is where you hear more of the truth. And these guy's have a great rep on both sides. There is a certain point of view that each has that may or may not contradict some one else's theory's.But that don't make there products or anyone else's and better or worse.IT'S JUST WHAT THEY SELL !!!!!! .

And any time i hear one lectron is that much better than the next im going to call bull because there is no way a tuner can tune for the whole country it just can't happen.And this thread has brought that out. Jetjock is correect in that the lectron in general is easy to tune and maintain its jetting way longer than any carb but that is not exclusive to one model its across the whole board of lectron carbs. i hope to see the lectron run aginst a stock 44mm 46mm 48mm but will settle for finaly meeting thebom and hightower and mrhp and maybe dunedevil

PS:MRHP might prove me wrong this weekend i always reserve the rfight to change my mind [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-30-2004, 10:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Az, when is your flight leaving?

Old 01-30-2004, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider

In my opinion, a product has to work on the dunes, for dune riders and provide a better solution for the end user. Its very normal for people to think that because we sell it, that its the only one we recommend. I can tell you that my brain simply doesn't compute logic that way! If there is something better out there, I will try my best to carry it, or make it, even if I make less money on it. I dont have very much overhead, and I have a reputation to keep. I believe Mr Horsepower has a similar way of thinking - which is why its refreshing to do business with him.

Quick Reply: TM45 w/ pump mod Vs. Lectron