CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dealer Price on A Baja X

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Price on A Baja X

I was wondering what the dealer price on a Baja x was in USD and CAN?

Old 02-03-2004, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

i've shown him the light boys,hehe

Old 02-03-2004, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

yellowexracer,

before you go shopping for the best price, I always suggest you search for your bike with these two criteria first. Who is your local dealer. Support him first. He is closest to you and really, there is not a lot that he makes from selling you the bike. Its a dog-eat-dog world out there and the manufacturer wants their buck first. So the dealer is the last one to get a piece of it, so to say. Remember, he has to pay his employees, train and equip them to take care of you. Support you local guy first.

Second, go to someone you like doing business with. He may not always give you the cheapest price, but when you take your valuable and loved piece of equipment to him, choose the one that you trust. Not the cheapest. If you bought from him and you are coming back, that is valuable to him.

Think of selling yourself as a customer. Every dealer knows that you want your bike to run right. But are you a return customer or someone that will shop around for the "coupon" special. Get yourself established on your dealers mailing list.

Am I going to get you a price on the US DSX. I paid $6899. for mine. I heard some getting it for 6499, but my dealer is the best service in the area. And he knows everything that has been done to my bike. That was worth the extra buck to me.

I no longer do business with the local dealer. Wont even buy a spark plug from him. They are a car dealership and sell the bikes like they are cars. Then the service is unreliable and I have experienced repairs being done on my bike that were not even requested. The bike was mixed up with another customer's bike and parts came back missing off of my bike when it was all straightened out.

Please, shop for the dealer, not the price.

Ride safe.

Old 02-03-2004, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

The reason i was shopping in the states is because a can get a baja x for 9500 CAN OTD and over here it is like $11600 CAN OTD. I do like the guy at my local dealer so mabey i'll get a quote from him.

Old 02-03-2004, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

thats just wat u think it'll cost tho, u haven't actually went n got quotes from them and figured out all the stuff to get it across he border if u buy in the states

Old 02-04-2004, 06:27 AM
Pro Rider

2004 DS 650 BAJA X:

My info is that dealer cost is a little under $5800 US, then there is about $180 freight that ALL dealers pay and a reasonable setup of 1 hr labor, more for the Baja X, comes to about $6000 US. Then you must add sales tax and the dealer MUST make some money to pay the bills.

I want a good deal like all of you, but I recognize the dealer needs money. I got mine OTD for under $7000 US at 8.9% sales tax and with a twist throttle installed and keeping the thumb throttle.

Up on soapbox:

I try to support dealers and accessory stores that support local riding areas and land access groups. I rather pay a little more to a shop that donates money and/or door prizes to local land access groups, who fight to keep riding ares open, then go for the cheapest prices from businesses that do not help the groups that are fighting to keep riding areas open.

No matter where you live and ride, eventually, you will face the closure of your favorite riding area. When you get your group together to fight the closures, it will take a lot of volunteer work and money, much of which comes from local businesses.

Off of soapbox

Old 02-04-2004, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider

Funny, but being a dealer is a lot like the Hotel business. When you have a hot model, like the Baja X, it is like New Year's in Vegas, the rooms book up at full price, or more, and that's where they make their money. On a dead weekend, or with a bike or quad that's been sitting on the floor for 6 months, the profit opportunity is pretty much gone, and it has to go. If you want a deal, find a dealer who has a machine that has been sitting around too long. It is still new, just old inventory. There's your bargain.

Some customers just gotta grind. On a hot model you will be lucky to get a few hundred bucks off, and that's with any dealer. Don't believe the price you get on the phone. You won't get the best price, or even the real price, if you don't go to the dealership, sit down, and make your best deal. Over the phone You might get a price without freight, set-up, and doc fee, which will get added when you show up. Low ball. They might not bother to give you anything but MSRP, if you aren't going to bother to come in, why should they sit down and give you the best deal?

There are lots better ways to make money than being a dealer. Dealers are trying to make a living doing what they love. The customers that grind to the bone, roll on the floor crying for the best deal possible are the ones that are never happy. The guys that come in smiling and pay "full boat" come back smiling.
The human nature part of this biz is very interesting. The whiners never stop whining, the smilers never stop smiling.

There is a saying that 10% of our customers are from Heaven and 10% are from Hell. The customers from Heaven take care of themselves, we can do no wrong. The customers from Hell are never happy, no matter what. So all we can do is concern ourselves with the remaining 80%, who are from earth.

Pick a dealer you like, sit down and make your best deal with them. And enjoy your new machine.
BTW, I have new Baja X and just freakin' love it!

Old 02-11-2004, 02:16 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yellowexracer
The reason i was shopping in the states is because a can get a baja x for 9500 CAN OTD and over here it is like $11600 CAN OTD. I do like the guy at my local dealer so mabey i'll get a quote from him.
A U.S. dealer can lose his dealership for selling to someone in Canada. Also, a dealer can lose his dealership for selling on ebay and shipping directly to the customer. These both are in violation of his dealer agreement and can void the customer warranty.

Old 02-11-2004, 05:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm all for supporting your local shops!!!!
not just with ATV's but with everything. When I want to make a big purchase for myself my family or for the House, I always shop around,and call the "BIG CITY" stores, and always my local dealers or shops are alittle higher. BUT if you do your homework and give them the facts of So and So has it for this much 9 times out of 10 they will match that price. And sometimes they can't match it, but if they get within 5% of the best price I found, I will always buy from them cause this is MY community and if you dont take care of YOUR community then your town will dwindle to nothing in a few years.

ALWAYS give your local shops a chance to compete!!! dont be a robot and buy everything from the damn MALL,or ON-LINE super stores. When it comes time to get SERVICE you will be glad you made the right decision. Hell who do you KNOW at the MALL, or at the ON-line super store's????? do you think they give a crap about you?? The person you see in the grocery store , or in Church will appreciate your business a whole lot more.

Just do a little research and go shop LOCALLY with confidience[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

bigger.

Old 02-11-2004, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

I went to my local dealer today and he told me that if i'm still interested when they get more baja x's we'll sit down and make a deal

Quick Reply: Dealer Price on A Baja X