CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

CHANGES - 2004 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 07:38 AM
ML
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CHANGES - 2004 Outlander

Echos I have not noticed any condensation in my speed odometer but I have not been out in the rain much and I keep it in closed up in the garage when not in use. The dealer that charged me $200 for the first service informed me the first service was necessary to maintain warranty. I beleive I have been had.
Have you any info in the bomb rally, I want to buy one for my daughter and the dealer tells me they have less trouble out of the rally than any other bomb unit.
ML

Old 03-29-2004, 01:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

There seems to be a lot of different practices reguarding the service check and warranty. My friend was told to bring his in at 50 hours for the first servicing, and 500 for the second. I was told 20 for the first and 100 for the second. This is different than that manual stats, but I think the manual stats that the first check is only to change oil and filter. 200 bucks sounds a little excessive for that. Have you ever reported this to bombardier? It might be worth the effort. As for the rally I am not really familiar with it. The write ups are great, but then again they are on the outlander too. All in all it looks and sounds like a great little machine.

Old 03-29-2004, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Echos
I get a minor clunk when releasing or hitting the thottle. But it is very minor and not all the time. It sounds like there is a bit of slack in the system. I have over 600 miles on it now and it's going strong.
Same here. Im going to take it in soon to get it repaired..

Old 03-30-2004, 12:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

Let us know if they can fix it or not.

powerstroke01 wrote
Same here. Im going to take it in soon to get it repaired..[/quote]

I get a minor clunk when releasing or hitting the thottle. But it is very minor and not all the time. It sounds like there is a bit of slack in the system. I have over 600 miles on it now and it's going strong.[/quote]

Old 03-30-2004, 03:23 AM
Trailblazer

My new 400 Outy with a little over 100 miles has the clunk. I've read it is normal. If anyone gets it fixed please post the results.

Old 03-31-2004, 08:39 AM
ML
Weekend Warrior

I did not have this clunking noise for the first 100 miles or so and it is now getting progressively worse. If bomb says this is normal and had I known it would develop over a few short miles I probly would not have bought it. I should have at least been given the option. I just sent Bombardier a registered letter explaining the situition and request the bomb be repaired, my money returned or a new unit. For $6000.00 I expect nothing less. (but I'm sure bomb doesn't think that way)
Did anyone know this clunking from the drivetrain would develope and would you have still bought the unit? If enough people complain I am sure bomb will find a solution. I bet they already know what the problem is, and I also bet you will not find it on future units!!!!

Thanks for the replys
ML

Old 03-31-2004, 07:24 PM
eja
Range Rover

I hope people don't start calling them clunkers.

Old 03-31-2004, 09:42 PM
Trailblazer

most of the outlanders have this same clunk. and yes bomb knows what it is . it is the collar at the rearof the transmision where the drive shaft atches . the colar is designed to prevent rocks and debres from geting to the rear seal . most of them do this from the start. after awhile you don't even notice it . i called bomb about it befor my 10 hour service and they told me what it was. as for service it is important to follow the owners guide . if you fail to follow the guide regardless of what your dealer say's it is at your own risk and will efect your warenty coverage from bomb. bomb prints this in your guide so that you do not have to take the word of your dealer. as far as mud (which i run alot of ) the outi is one of the best bikes for it. how ever the stock tires suck in the mud . upgrade to mudlites,589,bearclaws,mudbugs and you will not beleave the differance in how the bike performs. check out the photo album listed in my sig to see an outi in the mud ,sand ,& hills . as far as the speedo fogging bomb will repace it under warenty it is a common problem. if i have missed any of your questions i opolagise as this is all of them i could remenber off the top of my head . repost any question i missed and i will get you a reply as soon as possable .

Old 04-01-2004, 11:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Outlander clunking noise. I too lodged a complaint with Bomb and it went up 2 levels in the company and then it went nowhere. I too asked for them to buy the quad back or fix it where it doesn't make this horrendous noise. I'm sure they were laughing about my request. After going back and forth I finally gave up, plus they told me there was nothing the would or could do. At least I did lodge a formal complaint just encase this metal banging noise causes longterm problems. Would I of bought the quad if I knew it made this noise, probably not because I don't like the noise BUT I do love this machine. I don't think you can beat the ride (suspension) or the performance of it. I too agree that the stock tires are terrible and just put on the ITP ATRs. Big improvement!

Old 04-03-2004, 08:12 AM
eja
Range Rover

Is this the clunker thread? you guys better keep quiet, unless you don't mind hearing someone say '' there he goes; he's riding a clunker.

Quick Reply: CHANGES - 2004 Outlander