CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

camp site thief

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 11:23 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default camp site thief

maybe there like the look of the new quad better than the old one and are getting ready to visit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] can't believe some people. the construction site are getting bad, feel sorry for the one that gets caught out on the site stealing, i figure my crew will give them a few shots with the nail guns[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2004, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

last august we were at little sahara ut about four in the morning we heard screaming just figured it was the typical drunks fightin then we heard a banshee scream through our camp. obviously he didnt know how to ride it he couldnt shift then we heard a couple guys running after him then the shots rang out they didnt hit him and he bailed and left the bike. point of story id love to shoot the bastards too but it aint worth the jail time

Old 02-17-2004, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

Hey rpm, great post. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2004, 11:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

Originally posted by: atvaddict01
Sounds like you sleep like i do. How far away is the gate from you house?
Half mile[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] If I would have caught them I would have done the time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2004, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

Originally posted by: sandbomber
Originally posted by: atvaddict01
Sounds like you sleep like i do. How far away is the gate from you house?
Half mile[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] If I would have caught them I would have done the time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
To do the time they would have to find the body or bodies! Who would miss thieves?

Old 02-17-2004, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

Id rather catch them and make them do the time with me........ I still remember a few tricks from the Marine Corps![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-18-2004, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

I got a good thief story, but not about campsites.
One night about 3 AM I get up to pee. I don't turn lights on until
I get to the bathroom, so the whole house is dark.
I'm letting it rip and I hear a loud CRACK
from the garage. Thinking something fell I open the
door and turn on the lights. There are three
good sized teenagers (or early 20's) trying to carry
my daughters Bayou out the entry door, sideways.
When the lights went they jumped 2 feet off the floor,
and ran like h*ll, and there I was with a 400# quad on
two wheels in my garage doorway.

I had the overhead door locked with the slide lock. and I think the
crack was them trying to get it to open.

The rest of that night was real fun.

Old 02-18-2004, 11:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

i like the marine corps part i've heard of there correctional ways i'd go for that.

Old 02-18-2004, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

I do not have a raccoon story but I do have a tree hugger story. My wife and I went scouting for sheep in july for the August hunting season and we were tired after climbing around the mountains all morning and we decided to take a late afternoon nap. Well, my wife wakes me ans says she is hearing voices outside of the tent, so I get up to investigate. I was sceptical as I had not heard any quads or horses approaching but went any ways. I wandered around the camp site and saw nothing then I did hear voices and they were coming from the creek. I walked down to the creek and there was 3 teenage boys and a teenage girl standing around my cold soda that I had placed in the creek and they were about to take them as they thought they were forgotten. I would of gave them some if they would of asked but they did not like the fact I was scouting for sheep, to (gasp) kill and eat! So they peed me off and i was not in the sharing mood then.
These tree huggers come up here every year and hike around the backcountry carrying every thing they need for a week up to one group who was on a 6 week trip. I like to hike but there better be something at the end for me, or I am not going.
I remeber a theft about 10 years ago where a guy called up the radio station to let everybody know his bikes ans trailer had just gotten stolen and to be on the look out for them. He was watching T.V. and his quads were parked right out front of his big window and he got up to go to the bathroom and when he got back somebody had cut the padlock and hooked up the trailer and was gone, this was a matter of 5 to 7 minutes and nobody saw a thing. Does not take thieves long to make off with your stuff.
I used to leave my King Quad at the trailhead during hunting season when I had to head to Anchorage for something once for 4 days and nobody messes with it, in fact if somebody wanted there is usually a half dozen quads parked there every season. Hunters leave them there for their buddies to ride them into the camps but there is also alot of hunters who camp in the trail head area and of course they are armed and Alaska is a big state to find a missing thief. I will not be doing this with my new one as it is too pretty to leave.AlaskaBoy.

Old 02-19-2004, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

Treehuggers, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Where do they think their mcdonalds hamburgers come from (okay bad example) How about the burgers at Applebees? Or that steak in the grocery case? Or even their marinated chicken breast?

I was feeding conches to the seagulls on the beach one day and a girl starts yelling that it is cruel to the conches. I asked her what she thought the gull should eat. She huffed that I was so insensitive to the needs of animals. Huh?

Quick Reply: camp site thief