CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

camp site thief

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default camp site thief

[i]. After that night, I locked my cookies up. That will teach them to mess with a guys Chocolate Chip Cookies, Dam Raccoons.
LMAO!!! Good one!!

Old 02-23-2004, 02:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

Originally posted by: ThePunisher
Well I can tell you in Wyoming if someone comes on your property you are allowed to take whatever means necessary to secure your property. I don't like telling this Story but I will so people know it is all right to defend themselves against thieves.

Most of you who know me know that I am a really nice guy and my Angry behavior is usually all talk, well I am not proud of what I did but I got lost in the moment. About 13 yrs ago or so, we had a lot of Utah kids who were coming up to our little town trying to get the local kids to start gangs. These were actually kids from L. A. that their parents were trying to get them away from the L.A. Street gangs. Anyway, so of these thug kids got some of the local kids mixed up with them and the local kids knew my family. Well everyone in my town thought my Folks were Wealthy beyond belief but that wasn't really the case. So one night about 2:00 a.m. I hear some noise in the garage which just happens to be right underneath my window. Well I had just gotten out of the Army and was still pretty brainwashed and Gung ho, so I grabbed my M-15 converted into a M-16 and I stealthily climbed out the window onto the overhang under my window and then on top of the Garage. I really couldn't see much it was pretty dark and I was wishing I still had my NVG's. So as I am laying on top of the garage in the Prone position I see 5 kids start wheeling my Banshee and a P.O.S. utility quad my dad owned out to the street. Well are drive way is about 50 yds long. I was so pissed off to see these kids stealing my Brand new Banshee that I had jsut bought and had no insurance on I went Postal!! I Yelled at them and said " Hold it right there!!" Don't move I have a weapon trained on you and I won't hesitate to use it!! Well, they were in a state of shock because they had no Idea where I was! So, 4 of the 5 kids bolted but the last kid who apparently wasn't from our town thought he was a real bad **** and said F-YOU!!! And he started trying to wheel the banshee out to the street where those kids were waiting for him with the truck. I said, Oh, Helllllllll No!!! And opened fire on this kid and his buddies out in the street!.

Well don't freak out yet people. I actually shot the kid in his leg and that was enough to get him on the ground and the other kids wigged and took off like Bat's of of Helll and it was over. I jumped down off the garage and ran over to the kid to see if he was all right and he stood up and instead of trying to apologise or anything he comes at me! So I took the butt of my rifle and smashed him in his grill and that was pretty much it for him. I called the Sheriff and he came out and grabbed the kid and said they had been looking for this punk because he was 1 of three Utah kids up here trying to start ****. The Sheriff said good job and I thought I was going to get hauled off, but he said to me when someone is on your property and they don't obey a command from you to leave, you are in full right to take whatever action you deam necessary! Especially when they have your personal property in their possesion.

Moral of the story is, You steal from me you are going to get lead poisoning real fast! LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Don't be ashamed of what you did. GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Old 02-23-2004, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

Originally posted by: SANDMAN430
does everyone know what nvg's are[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i like the green glow myself
Night Vision Goggles

Old 02-23-2004, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

I wanted to mention that whenever I stop a vehicle with a load of bikes, I ask for the registration on every vehicle in the group. If the person does not have the registration, I check the VIN and run a check on it. Some that are stopped complain or snivel that this is wasting their time.

I value their time. But I always tell them that "IF" their bike was going home on "someone else's" truck (the thiefs) and there was only one chance (here in oregon, the odds are less than that) of you bike being stopped, wouldnt you want your vin# ran by the officer?

About 99% of the bikes I check come back with no wants. But everyone complains about the extra 2 minutes that this takes! Please, cooperate and encourage the officer to check more bikes like he is doing to yours. Show that you appreciate his/her efforts. It is hard to check vin#s on so many different types of bikes. And to dig into them in the back of a truck,trailer etc...is a pain. Think of how many officers would not even consider checking because of the extra hassle or "officer safety issues". ENCOURAGEMENT!

And if you let them dig a little bit, they will most likely feel a little bit more at ease around you and you may find yourself walking away without the ticket for whatever you did that was wrong.

I search alot of cars. Most of the time when I search a car, I dont have time to write the ticket too. I want to get on to the better stop. I usually finish and send them on their way with a warning.

Keep an eye on your stuff. Make sure it is marked. Billet parts etc. Put your driver's license number on everything that you can. Record your serial numbers!!!! And lock it up!. Dont make your camp/home an easy target.

Hope this helps. Ride safe.

Old 02-23-2004, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

DSXBear, I am happy to oblige you on the extra 2 minutes or even 10 after you explained it that way. AlaskaBoy.

Old 02-23-2004, 09:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

being in the reserves i have lots of friends that are in law enforcement, and it is crazy the stuff you hear they have to go thru. i'd be glad to donate 10 minutes to ensure the right owner is taking home my quads.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]