CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Croom riding area in florida? what tires?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Croom riding area in florida? what tires?

has anyone ridden at the "croom" riding area in florida? (brooksville?)

we are considering going... we posted in hte "where to ride" but didnt get too much info...

just wondering if anyone here has ridden there? what did you think of it? (what tires to run?)

i have stock ohtsus and realtor tires...

any pics or any better riding areas down near there in FL?

Old 02-19-2004, 06:53 PM
Range Rover

I really didn't like it there. The trails are VERY tight (DS barely fits on them). I bent 3 rims there from hitting trees the trails are so tight.
It's a second gear riding area also (except for the open pit). The trails are full of whoops and you can get any faster than second gear. The large pit is just that, a l;arge open pit. It has hard pack sand, but the last I heard it was full of water.

If your coming this far to ride, go to Ocala Forest. It's HUGE. You can also peg the throttle in the high gear and ride some real nice trails. But you must have a GPS with you.

Glenn

Old 02-19-2004, 07:36 PM
Trailblazer

One of the best places I have founf to ride in florida is the Palm Bay Riding Spot behind the Bombardier Manafacturing Plant.

If you want to go there let me know Ill give you the phone number of someone who can meet you there and show you around

Old 02-19-2004, 09:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't been to Croom in 20 years and it was pretty whooped out then.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-19-2004, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

hmmm... not good to hear...
my friend (i would be going with his family and him over spring break ) would be pulling a trailer for 18 some hours... and would be pretty depressing to go that far for junky riding!

how far from tampa are those other places?

Old 02-19-2004, 09:59 PM
Range Rover

Oh and forgot to mention. You have to have a title to ride at Croom. It is also a yearly membership (approx $30) or there might be a day rate but don't know for sure.

Go to mapquest.com and look up Ocala, FL and also Palm Bay, FL

Those are the two best areas in central florida for riding... my opinion

Glenn

Old 02-19-2004, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

the palm bay place is over 2 hours from tampa... (like 2 1/2)

but ocala is only about an hour....

how large is the riding area in ocala? (you know of any pic pages, or a website that talks about it?)

Thanks for the info

Old 02-20-2004, 12:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard Ocala is nice and always wanted to go there. But I'm stuck here in California with all the sand dunes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 02-20-2004, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

How things change, when I grew up in tampa we went to hunt in ocala & rode @ crooms, shady hills in brooksville (now a park), power lines in oldsmar (I'm sure it's shut down), @ the point between town & country/oldmars (cow pasture) that we coon hunted @ & other places that are malls or super markets. Everytime I go back there to visit I see & super market or something where I use to camp, ride or hunt [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]! I still miss thoughs places that I grew up & had the time of my life. That was the first 19years of my life, now 34year old & feel older after posting this[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Hope you find a good place to ride, I'm sure there is some there somewhere? Sorry I'm no help, got lost in the good ol'days!
Later!
Joe

Old 01-17-2005, 01:03 AM
Trailblazer

Hey guys, I am all about riding in florida, and camping too! Let me know via email, I already have a few guys that like to go and I am looking for some more people! Ocala or croom its all good! the_first_agent@yahoo.com kids adults seniors, everyones welcome....

Quick Reply: Croom riding area in florida? what tires?