CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Croom riding area in florida? what tires?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Croom riding area in florida? what tires?

I hear ya countryjoeglas. That was the good ol days. I think this means were suffering from good ol day syndrum!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2005, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

yup!

Old 01-17-2005, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

hmm well were back now... croom = a total waste of money. the mebmership fee was 50 bucks (lucky us they pro rated it and only charged 45, another crappy part was they charged the 3 of us for the 5 quads in the trailer....how crappy is that) man o man i wish they pro rated our refund considering we spent no more than 2 hours in that place.

ocala was a much better place (especially since it only cost 3 bucks for ALL of us lol)

hmmm maybe its just us up north...but who in the heck allows people to hunt in the same place people ride? that seems ridiculous to me. (i am a hunter myself so im not anti-hunting...i just think there should be no way guys should have high powered rifles shooting long range...the shotguns i dont see being a problem though)

Old 01-17-2005, 07:27 PM
Trailblazer

You can hunt and ride in Ocala? When I was in WA I went riding in a ORV park and there were hunters. I was pretty pissed considering whenever I would go down a trail there was a dude with a bow an arrow who was less than enthusiastic about me just going down the trail...

Old 01-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

ya i didnt see any bows...but i guess you can hunt deer with a rifle down there, and they were still in season till early or mid jan. the shotguns are not a big deal...but high powered rifles will keep that bullet traveling for LONG distances, which scared the crap out of me to be riding around them.

Old 01-19-2005, 02:29 AM
Pro Rider

Ya, the guys are right Crooms sucks!!! Don't waste your time. If I was you my trailer would be Ocala bound. It truely is a great place to ride, you guys would love it. There is also another place called northport that is about 30 mins south of Tampa on 75. There are usually thousands of quads out there with thousands of trails. Pretty cool place to ride. If you guys want to hook up when you come down and hit northport just give me a ring. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Oh by the way I would tell you to buy some XDriv's but they are really backed up on orders, so holeshots, Razzors, or your stock tires will work. I will tell you this stock tires get ate up down here with the stumps, and roots, so be careful and bring a spare.

Old 01-19-2005, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

ya i had plenty of times where i SHOULD have had a blow out, but luckily didnt.

what are x-drives? i assume they are tires? hmmm must be new, i havnt heard of them.... (got a link?)

Old 01-19-2005, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: R00ST
has anyone ridden at the "croom" riding area in florida? (brooksville?)

we are considering going... we posted in hte "where to ride" but didnt get too much info...

just wondering if anyone here has ridden there? what did you think of it? (what tires to run?)

i have stock ohtsus and realtor tires...

any pics or any better riding areas down near there in FL?
Hands down you can't beat OCALA FOREST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! over 50 square miles and lots of campsites......I have given up on croom's...