CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Stupid hurts...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid hurts...

You know when you run a chainsaw down a limb to take off all the little limbs and it leaves nice gouges in the wood. I watched a friend of my dads do that to his leg when I was young. Nothing really left to stitch together.
I've always tried to respect saws after that but accidents do happen.
We had a tree blow down in the back yard and I was cutting it up. My son was almost 3 and was 100ft away with his mom. I just finished a big cut and he ran up beside me without me seeing. I turned with the saw and layed the 2ft bar on his shoulder and against his neck. The chain must have stopped the second it touched him. We were both shocked, him more from the hot bar. I think my heart stopped for about a minute. I looked him over for what seemed like an eternity but he never got scratched. I was waiting for his head or arm to fall off. You can never predict what a kid will do, kids and power tools just don't mix.

Old 02-26-2004, 03:09 AM
Pro Rider
Default Stupid hurts...

Jim,
Us lumberjack canadians are supposed to be HANDY with a chain saw. Sorry bad pun.
Glad you are ok man!
Cammer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 02-26-2004, 04:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Stupid hurts...

I remember being a dumb kid when I was about three - my dad had just finished welding some "S" hooks (actually un-welding them from something) and he let them drop on the grass to cool. Well, for some damn reason I though "S" hooks were damn cool about then so I picked it up - that thing hurt pretty damn bad. I've since lost my fascination with "S" hooks. The odd thing was I knew it would be hot, I guess I didn't realize it would be THAT hot!

Really glad to hear you're okay Jim. You've gotta post some pictures of your new 'pad' now as well - we need to see what it is you were working for when you almost cut yourself up!

Old 02-26-2004, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default Stupid hurts...

Wow! Lots of chainsaw stories and close calls...thanks for the concern and the warm fuzzies.

I'll post pics of my new place hopefully in a few weeks--30'x60' pre-engineered steel building, fully insulated, 14' eve, 3/12 pitch roof, 10' porch and overhang on two sides, two 12' overhead doors...plumbed north bay for living quarters with two bedroom loft, etc. Not a mansion, but a castle never the less sitting on 11 acres next to a 75 acre fishing paradise and 600 acres of pristine hunting ground...and only 3.5 hrs. to the dunes!

Thanks again for the [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Jim

Old 02-26-2004, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stupid hurts...

Well I am impressed, if I would have done the same thing, I would have broke several bone in the process, maybe cut a few thing off too, but that is just my luck, my cousin did the same thing a long time ago, only he did not fall out of the tree, but the saw that he was holding in one hand came back and got him in the head! lots of stiches to the head, but he is OK.
OH BTW, Congratulations on your new place, it sounds awesome, I would love to have a place like that.

Old 02-26-2004, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Stupid hurts...

Dang Jim...glad your still able to count to ten. Or wait I mean Dad..I know you got room in that castle for your new son[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-26-2004, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default Stupid hurts...

If I was gonna adopt someone, Larry, you'd be at the top of the list! lol...

Old 02-26-2004, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default Stupid hurts...

Well, glad to hear you are okay. I guess I will leave the power tool accidents to you if you leave the 4-wheeler accidents to me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Justin

Old 02-26-2004, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Stupid hurts...

Oh Come on Baby C tell us how you you really did it!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL Just glad that you are all right. Hey!!, Wait just one damn Minizal here!! I thought I was always at the top of your list??!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Just for that I may have to start raising my prices! JKO!! Hey man I was thinking about maybe creeping down that way sometime here before summer if money holds out. You have some room for The Punisher and his Assault vehicle?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2004, 12:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Stupid hurts...

Tony,

In your forum signature you list your DS as K.I.A. - the only thing I've ever heard KIA translate to was Killed In Action - did you blow it up just after MLK Weekend?

Quick Reply: Stupid hurts...