CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

rumors on new bomb.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 01:21 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rumors on new bomb.

bend sand45,

Old 02-28-2004, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider

I went to a bomb seminar when the Rally came out and they did spend alot of time to make it different and better than anything in its class. With a smaller motor it out runs the others and first with the type of racks it has and the frame is like a rail. Its light and helps slide off things like a ski. The Outlanders kicked all the other 400s and 450s in the last Dirt Wheels shoot out also. They could make the best 450 out there. Ill buy one

Old 02-28-2004, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider

bombs are good, well built machines. only problem is they have been too heavy for serious racers to consider. if they make a 450 - im sure it will be good too but i hope they make it light.

Old 02-28-2004, 06:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MrMeaner
I went to a bomb seminar when the Rally came out and they did spend alot of time to make it different and better than anything in its class. With a smaller motor it out runs the others and first with the type of racks it has and the frame is like a rail. Its light and helps slide off things like a ski. The Outlanders kicked all the other 400s and 450s in the last Dirt Wheels shoot out also. They could make the best 450 out there. Ill buy one
Exactly!!!

twentycharacters, that is one of the benefits of the single spar frame like the rally has, not much weight. I'm not sure that this would be the best for pounding around a MX track or Baja racing, but the point is they put alot of thought into such a small machine to make it a class leader.

Old 02-28-2004, 08:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

the Rally motor is a liquid cooled 176cc - smallest motor ever on that size of quad, pretty amazing that it kicks all other 250cc bikes.

You all know the DS is heavy for a number of very good reasons, and all of these reasons are what makes it the only quad ever made that can accomidate my 6'-8" tall a$$, talks of the DS weight are boring man, its old news, its a perfect machine, this bike was never designed to be a MX machine. I'm glad Bomb is leaving it alone and making a whole new lightweight quad for those that wanna race track and gncc, maybe then peolpe will stop griping about a machine that was never meant for them in the first place, and the DS can live on as it is - the first and foremost beginner of the big bore wars that paved the way for all the new 450-class machines hitting recently.

Old 02-28-2004, 10:26 AM
Elite Pro Rider

the ds is still a quad of its own, the suspension is still at the front and it is now 5 years old, most of the new ones are 9-10", that still gives the ds 2-3" more. it's a real kick to race our hills and hit the whoops the ds just goes good thru them. the timing is good this time they will be the last 400 to 450 class and the others will be hating it. but then again if they are better than the others and then they put reverse, we'll all be hating it.

Old 02-28-2004, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

The Rally is being refitted with new plastic to make it "Sportier". You should see it at dealerships soon. That will wake up the slow sales, no doubt.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-29-2004, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

ANY new sport quad from Bomb is a long way off. They canned their project when they saw the new Yamaha, that is no bull. Bombardier is very competitive, and they were not going to be an "also ran", in this segment. They have to be working on something very hot, but it is a long way off for sure. In the next couple of years we will see Bombardier come to the front of the pack in every way, but these things take time. Meanwhile, enjoy the X, and the Outlanders as the best Bomb has to offer. We will see a 700 Outlander next fall, and that is from a very reliable source. We don't know whether it will be a big single or a V-twin, I am hoping for the Rotax V-twin.

Old 03-01-2004, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider

I would personally like to see see that aprilla motor in a a lightweight machine. Make it as light as the Yammy and the new Honda mixed in with Bombardiers innovative technology and they will have a sure winner. I would like to see the underdog take the cake this time. Maybe it will get that cut the corners company like yamaha to give more out of thier products. I think Honda jumped in too late, thier bike doesn't sound as impressive as the YZF450. I want a 3rd quad but nothing out there is really selling me on one, if Bomb makes a 450... I'm getting it.

Old 03-01-2004, 07:57 AM
Pro Rider

Hopefully a 450 with electric start just to beat the others.

Quick Reply: rumors on new bomb.