CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lectron 48 hv Test

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 05:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lectron 48 hv Test

I worked w/ Mr.HP and got this 48 dialed in, It took some time because my motor is picky.IMO... I told Eric what the symtoms were and he sent me the right components... To all who think they can figure the lectron GOOD LUCK!!! There is a reason why Mr. Hp sets them a certain way..

But I have to say, with the right ID from carb to head and all other things dialed in, the Lectron has a VERY VIOLENT power band and was too out of controll for me to get out of 4th gear on pavement.
It puts out more torque on the dyno even when it wasnt dialed in than other carbs ive dynoed... The hp should be Higher also, ill know later this week...I know some people have ignitions that retard and advance timing, I have been playing with power bands just w/ Lecron tuning.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-29-2004, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

how much does the lectron 48 cost.......how do u think they compare to the duels?

Old 02-29-2004, 08:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"VERY VIOLENT power band" Really? When I put one on my YZ250 it really smoothed it out, that thing would want to toss me when it hit the power band before I put the lectron on.
Maybe some fine tuning will help with that.

Old 02-29-2004, 08:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

SixsixT--The Lctron has Alot of potential IF it is set up right. Yeah there is a way to set it up for all around smoothness throughout power range, But I recomend talking to Eric, He may know ways to make them work up to their FULL potential. I dump clutch at high RPMs so I set it up for that type of running... But even so, rolling on the throttle I still feel a Rapid acceloration and power band type. Ill let you ride it next time @ Dumont and you can see..

Big show- I dont know how they compared to my dualls, I never ran them on dyno, Plus I just sold them. I dont know the exact cost for the 48mm lectron.

Old 03-01-2004, 02:11 AM
Pro Rider

I have some access to some Lectron's, what's involved in the alcohol conversion on these carbs. ?
There's nothing really there, but looks to me that once you convert it you won't be able to go back to gas.

Are ya'll running a power-jet set up on these carbs as well ??

Old 03-02-2004, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider

Going back to gas is quick and easy. Swap the needle, float needle seat, and power jet.

Yes, we're running a power jet. 2 power jets on alcohol

Old 03-04-2004, 07:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Like I said, I would report the performance of the 48mm lectron hv after dyno sessions.

Mr. Horsepower helped me get it running "right" on the dyno today, and the lectron48 out-powered the tm 48mm .. I will not give the exact hp and torque# Differences, but lets just say from bottom to top it did Alot better than a well tuned TM 48mm.. Also, It is NOT easy to dial in the lectrons unless you OWN a dyno and or have all the patients in the world. This just confirmed that Mr. Hp. has spent ALOT of time tuning these lectrons!! My new torque #s and HP#s are substantially higher across the board and I am pleased w/ it all. It takes torque to push the heavy ds, and if you want torque, now you know how to get it. Good luck people!!

Old 03-04-2004, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

I am in the ordering process to get a 46Hv from Mr HP,i will be running a single on the new setup..

Old 03-04-2004, 08:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Did I originally plant that seed in your head Sam? Check your Pm.

Old 03-04-2004, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
Like I said, I would report the performance of the 48mm lectron hv after dyno sessions.

Mr. Horsepower helped me get it running "right" on the dyno today, and the lectron48 out-powered the tm 48mm .. I will not give the exact hp and torque# Differences, but lets just say from bottom to top it did Alot better than a well tuned TM 48mm.. Also, It is NOT easy to dial in the lectrons unless you OWN a dyno and or have all the patients in the world. This just confirmed that Mr. Hp. has spent ALOT of time tuning these lectrons!! My new torque #s and HP#s are substantially higher across the board and I am pleased w/ it all. It takes torque to push the heavy ds, and if you want torque, now you know how to get it. Good luck people!!

So, once it is dialed in , it is good to go? What about different elevations/temperatures? did he have your motor to dyno it? or did you dyno it.

Quick Reply: Lectron 48 hv Test