CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lectron 48 hv Test

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 09:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lectron 48 hv Test

Bigwaynster, I Tuned it here In Vegas in between dynos, Mr Hp helped me as i needed from Kentucky, It is hard to send out a carb dialed in "TO THE MAX" due to different porting, piston size, cams, valves, pipe Etc. Eric can get the carb near perfect if he knows exactly what your runnin, But if you want to squeeze every bit of power out of it, It may require some Super FINE tuning. It also depends what kind of Gas ya run...

I have read extensively about this carb and its elevation sensitivity, The metoring rod is supposed to sniff out any lack of oxygen and compensate for that I think (dont quote me, Im no expert).. Elevation changes should not be any where near as touchy as other carbs... BTW I always liked my TM carbs, But I cant afford to lose 2 bike lengths when sun goes down and Temp changes along w/ air density.

Air Volume (Density) Sensor

The combined affect of the metering rod acting as a fuel signal generating device and a fuel delivery metering device allows the metering rod to also act as an air volume (density) sensor.

The ability of the metering rod to "sense" the air volume and density of the air flowing past it enables the metering rod to mix the proper amount of fuel with the air at a wider range of temperatures and elevations.

Both air temperature and elevation affect airflow volume by weight. As temperatures decrease air becomes more dense and heavier. The denser, heavier air will pick up more fuel when passing the metering rod due to the signal generated at the rod and the shape of the rod. Conversely, as elevation increases less dense or thinner, the lighter air will automatically pick up less fuel by weight while still maintaining the optimum air/fuel ratio.

Sounds good to me..LOL

Old 03-04-2004, 10:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I planted the seed a long time ago, it just took a while to sprout. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-04-2004, 10:57 PM
Range Rover

annihilater, have you run dual carbs? If so how does it compare with having one big carb? I have been thinking of going to one single carb for alky.

Old 03-04-2004, 11:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

The dualls are a great set of carbs, but for torque I like the singles. I just ride up steep hills, But for flat drags and not as steep hills Im sure the dualls can work great as long as ya know how to get them dialed in good. Alot of fast bikes run dualls. I just never got the bottom end dialed in w/ my dualls, But the top end sure was impressive compared to my tm 48.