CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS vs. Quadzilla

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 04:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS vs. Quadzilla

You cant use the excuse "its reliable for the year model" when you are replacing parts with NEW parts. Every LT this is running today has parts in it that are as new as todays quads(unless its a original quad and never been opened up).

The Old Zilla,was and still is a kiss-*** quad. just gotta give it up to suzuki for even having the BALLZ for producing it!! I absolutley love to see an old Zilla run, The grunt of that big 2-stroke is cool as hell.

But people should only compare the Zilla to quads that were made in the eighties, The DS is leaps and bounds a better Dune Machine the the Zilla with its long travel suspension,comfortable Ergo's,and great Rotax engine, it is better that anything out thier.

Maybe Suzuki can bring back the Zilla! but with 2004 technology [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] That would be very cool.

bigger.

Old 03-04-2004, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default DS vs. Quadzilla

I had a 1989 Suzuki up until last year. I had a FMF pipe and V force reeds. It was very fast. It could beat by Baja. The DS handles much better and soaks up the bumps better also. I never had many problems with the bike that weren't age related. It never let me down. I was only towed once due to a broken chain. I have heard of a lot of people that had problems with them, I just wasn't one of them. Would I go back? No way! Push button beats kick start anyday. However, the 500 was lighter and easier to get unstuck.

Old 03-04-2004, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default DS vs. Quadzilla

i think the STOCK zilla is way over rated,BUT if u have the time and money they can put up some BIG horsepower numbers.i work with two guy that have some heavily modded zillas(truckracer,zillarider02)and the only thing ive ever heard that beats them are strickly drag bikes.We will see how the 720 rates against them here in a couple of months......on the reliability issue, i think anything u have heavily modded is going to give u troubles eventually, i think that goes for every brand of ATV thats out there. thats just my opinion.

Old 03-04-2004, 07:23 PM
Range Rover
Default DS vs. Quadzilla

Originally posted by: SpinCycle
Wow, that's an awful bold statement considering there are some fast DSs in your part of the world. So your Zilla is far from stock..??
I didn't say that I was the fastest[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] As far as being stock goes, I'm stock bore does that count?

Old 03-04-2004, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default DS vs. Quadzilla

Originally posted by: RodSmith32
Originally posted by: SpinCycleWow, that's an awful bold statement considering there are some fast DSs in your part of the world. So your Zilla is far from stock..??
I didn't say that I was the fastest[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] As far as being stock goes, I'm stock bore does that count?
In fact there are a couple banshees up here that carry somewhere near 500ccs and they seem to think your LT500 aint even close...

I would bet that you don't try kicking sand in the yamaha forum too much do ya..? We do try to be polite to everyone here as long as everyone shows respect..

Old 03-04-2004, 08:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Default DS vs. Quadzilla

There is only one way to find out how our bikes run, I will be @ Dumont 13-14 and would like to see how that Zilla runs against my 720. I have no prob w/ beefed up cr500 (dirtbikes) so you must have a very fast lt500.

And if is a 2-stroke thing, then I might be able to muster up a power valve that weekend also..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I would like to run the 720 against lt500 first.

Old 03-04-2004, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!
Default DS vs. Quadzilla

I have an 88 lt. I call it my Dinosaur. LOL It was built by LRD. It makes good power, runs close to 400+ cc Shees. The only problem it is making so much power that they recommended that it be rebuilt every year. I guess it was over due because the last time out I broke the piston.

It won't run with my Pami's.

J Ross

Old 03-04-2004, 10:31 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default DS vs. Quadzilla

the days of the 2 stroke are coming to a end the 4-strokes keep getting better.

Old 03-05-2004, 12:09 AM
Range Rover
Default DS vs. Quadzilla

I say DS has a chance.... If they are both fairly stock.

When I had my DS last year I raced a Zilla that had just been redone. Everything from the frame to the engine. They had a light tree set up out there. The guy was looking at me like I was crazy for lining up with him, but I didn't care, I was just having fun. Anyhow, the race was about the lenght of a football field, and we ended up dead even at the end. That just just gave me more respect for the DS.

Old 03-05-2004, 01:23 AM
Range Rover
Default DS vs. Quadzilla

Originally posted by: SpinCycle
Originally posted by: RodSmith32
Originally posted by: SpinCycleWow, that's an awful bold statement considering there are some fast DSs in your part of the world. So your Zilla is far from stock..??
In fact there are a couple banshees up here that carry somewhere near 500ccs and they seem to think your LT500 aint even close...

I would bet that you don't try kicking sand in the yamaha forum too much do ya..? We do try to be polite to everyone here as long as everyone shows respect..
I'm not trying to kick up sand anywhere! As a matter of fact I love the DS's. I can gaurantee that my bike would not be anywhere near a 500cc banshee. My bike is a duner and just happens to run well. Everyone thinks that there quad is the best and I agree with you guys that the DS's are awsome, I would have no chance against any of the large Pami's.

Annihilater I'll be at Gordon's that weekend, but I would really like to come up and check out Dumont..........I don't care if I get beat I just like riding and having fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: DS vs. Quadzilla