CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Which carb is better ???????????

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 11:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which carb is better ???????????

My frist worries were about reliabilty and i will be testing the wholy living crap out of this system.And i would recomend people hold up a tad and let the few that are running around get tested so far everything is very good most know there is a certain 483 running around out there with the same system and he is a force to be recond with.He beat one of the top dogs from fsw so he's pretty stoked!!!! The ds dose seem to realy work well on injection. but vibration is my main concern but for those that have seen me run you know i run the pi$$ out of my bike so if she's going to fail i think i can do it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2004, 01:40 AM
Range Rover

I was very impressed with how the fuel injection worked on AZSand's bike. It had very smooth power, no flat spot anywhere. I know that there where many shocked drag banshees today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2004, 01:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Thanks for testing this system on a big motor, this is going to make me collect more $$ from my paper route now if its reliable. Is the increase the same when it is on Gas only too? Or is the benifit for nitro and alky mainly... I would assume it would be just as good for gas...

Old 03-15-2004, 09:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

i would asume the same thing but it has been so long since i have ran gas i almost forgot engines cold run on trhat stuff.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2004, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.

Azsand
Sounds like the newest hot setup. I was thinking of going to twin carbs on my 720 but would much rather wait for EFI if it is going to be available soon. It sounds like you have the privilige of being at the front of the line to use the new system. Wish it were me. Can you tell me how I can get more info?

Old 03-15-2004, 02:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Wow, good thing I've got two ATVs... Can't make a wrong choice. Whichever item is slower my Fiance gets. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

This way I can buy a carburetor now, and EFI later if it turns out to be all that and a bag of chips.

Old 03-15-2004, 06:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

AZsand,

keep us informed on how it does.
Are the dual injectors for the extra fuel it takes to mix nitro? can it operate fine off of 1 injector otherwise? Does it operate off of 1 injector till you use a certain "map" then requires both?

Do you feel the production madels will be lower in price? or is 1400 the target price?

Thanks

Bigger.

Old 03-15-2004, 07:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You would have to call them for pricing but i know im a tad hi on my pricing. And they are working on getting it all in house so they can control the pricing not the suppliers.And i know on the 483 honda thats running around he shuts down one injector to run gas i would need both for tyhe 760 but i think stock bores and smaller bikes could use one injector bringing the price down too but you would have to talk to kelly im just a customer. there is still a tad of r&d to finish but thats what im going to be doing this weekend R&Ding the heck of of my bike. ALL OVER THE DUNES . [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2004, 07:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

RACING
&
DUNING

Now thats R&D! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Bigger.

Old 03-15-2004, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.

AZSAND
Who is KMS abd how do I geet info on the EFI system? any info appreciated.

Quick Reply: Which carb is better ???????????