CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Which carb is better ???????????

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 10:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which carb is better ???????????

Are there any dyno sheets for this set up? I have a hard time believing you could get that much of a gain over a properly tuned carb. 7 to 9 lengths would be around a 10+HP increase. I could see a 2 3 or even a 4HP increase but not 10+, NO WAY. Show me the gains and I'll show ya the money. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2004, 11:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will get you guy's the phone # for kms and post it alls i have right now is his mobile and i don't think he wants me to post that on the web[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

And 10 hp from nitro is nothing that is only 20 % this weekend i will be sporting 35%[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2004, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

What happened did they jack up the price at KMS? They were originally going to ask $850.00 for the EFI.

Old 03-15-2004, 11:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

KMS phone is 602-442-4340 and he is alway's dynoing so he almost never hears the phone but he is very good at returning calls.

And remeber he has never maid any claims i have only told you what it has done for my bike[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2004, 11:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I thought you were saying the EFI added 7 to 9 lengths over using a carb in your first post. I don't beleive EFI alone can give you that much of an increase.

Old 03-16-2004, 12:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yes punisher they were originaly targeting 800 but i don't think that is realistic until he gets it all in house but a set of fcrs setup on alcahol is over a grand so i don't see a problem with 12-1400.

And yes sixtsix it is realistic to see 7-9 bikes out of a nitro bike on injection because most of us that run alcahol nitro blend never get the the full benifit because it is too hard to jet for maximum usage of your nitro!!! with the injector in the blink of an eye tripple fuel Most dragsters double there hp from alcahol to nitro !!! So how unrealistic would it be to gain 15% in 300 ft. If in fact you gain 8-10% with alcahol alone. Then i think and can guareenty you nitro can add another 10-15% on top of that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Now you finish the math and give me the results[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

The fact is it could be a tad less.???? or a tad more.???? But weather your for it or not you could never tune aginst a injected bike and come out on top!!!! with all other things being equal the injection will prevail the bulk of the time!!!

Old 03-16-2004, 12:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Injection!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2004, 12:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I've been waiting for EFI for a DS650 for a long time. When I saw the 2000 DS650 first come out, the only thing I wished it had but didn't was EFI, now that might just be a reality.

Old 03-16-2004, 12:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm talking EFI VS carb nothing else added nothing else taken away, same fuel in both. EFI is not going to give you that much of a gain over a properly tuned carb. One can be mapped and the other can be jetted to achive the proper ratio, the advantage EFI would have is atomizing the gas better but that is not going to give you a 20% increase. But like I said when I see it I'll beleive it and I'll buy it.

Old 03-16-2004, 01:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think AZSAND is talking about his particular setup gaining 20% or more, and I can see why he would say that. When running ALKY/NITRO it is very difficult to supply the motor with enough fuel. Most the time you bowls will start running dry around 300ft. Fuel pumps help but they dont regulate well enough , or very consistantly. So I can see the percentage being higher in AZSANDS particular senario.

I agree that this EFI on a stock machine running 87 octain would only show maybe 5% gain verses a well tuned after market carb, with most of wich being in throttle response. But the more you midify your engine, the more gain you should see from the EFI, and it should be A LOT more consistant, which may be worth its costs right thier.

I certainly hope that the Target price is aroung 850(for a single injector/dual map set-up), but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Bigger.

Quick Reply: Which carb is better ???????????