CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Update on AC-Racing pro peg problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on AC-Racing pro peg problems

well after waiting over 3 months now (and probably 2 hours worth of phone time to CA)
I just got a package from UPS (looks like it was dropped out of a plane) But it contained my new mounts, and to sweeten the deal (lol...)
FREE DECALS! o yay.... (hmmm im very displeased with them, now i think i will advertise thier product all over my quad! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )

I noticed these look MUCH nicer than the previous ones... (if no one remembers/knows what im talking about, i purchased AC racing pro pegs back in december for my DS and the mounts were totally junk and were no where near fitting)

The welds on this one are very clean, and it looks like they actually TESTED IT before shipping it out!

hopefully they bolt up w/o any problems...

I am still VERY dis-satisfied with the customer service i have received... 3 times i called and had to RE explain my problem....one time was the same guy who didnt even remeber me talking to him!

Do you guys that have them like them? I like the wider peg idea, and hopefully i dont run into any more probs....

Old 03-17-2004, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kool Beans. Havent never ran anyhing different than stock pegs, but i am sure they are worth every penny though. Good luck on the installing. I had the same problem u had but with a different customer. Lance

Old 03-17-2004, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

Thay do look good, You sould be able to get them to mount with out to much of a problem.

Old 03-17-2004, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

well i'm glad u finally got that bull all sorted out now, and i'm sure you'll love them as much as i do mine,i like the bigger pegs on mine and yours are even bigger pegs, if/when i get another quad that will be the first thing i buy for it,

Old 03-18-2004, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

You'll love them pegs until they wear out in about six months worth of riding because they are aluminum. Then you will have to step up to a set of roll design pegs. They are night and day better than any peg out there. I couldn't justify the money until I rode a quad with them, and now I have them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Justin

Old 03-19-2004, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BajaIowa
You'll love them pegs until they wear out in about six months worth of riding because they are aluminum. Then you will have to step up to a set of roll design pegs. They are night and day better than any peg out there. I couldn't justify the money until I rode a quad with them, and now I have them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Justin
I was thinking of going to the Roll Pegs, Roll shifter lever and brake lever. Do they work with the stock DS nerf bars (BAJA X) or am I going to have problems? Your input is appreciated. Thanks

Old 03-19-2004, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

i dont know if you were speaking from experience about the pegs wearing down...
but i beleive they will last quite awhile... (i do realize the aluminum they use isnt the best of quality...)

but im sure all that is needed is to take 10 minutes and a file every season and just go over each tooth real quick...

Old 03-19-2004, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

Funny you should ask about the AC stuff. I recently purchased the Pro Peg/heel guard/nerf bar package. I will tell you that it all LOOKS REAL SWEAT! I can't believe that the pegs will wear down all that fast....

The install on something so simple took me and my neigbor about 2 hours! The front of the nerf bars fit nice and the pegs worked real well. The heel guard portion is another ball game all together. There is no way that they used a jig to weld up the heel guards. We trimmed, grinded, bent and prayed for about an hour and a half. I rewelded some of the aluminum after the cutting and grinding and then got them pretty close. Problems still exist as the rear fenders have to be pulled down quite a bit to make them fit. Also, the front of the nerf bars aren't real far in front of the pegs so my canoes hit the front of front bars.

Over all rating:

Finish = A
Fit = D
Performance = B

AC probably needs to do a little time in the shop in a real world application. Pics available upon request. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-19-2004, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BajaIowa

Justin
well isn't that strange, well since i have those and i bought them about a week after easter last year mine should b as smooth as butter then, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img], mine are still pretty sharp, only time my feet slip a lil is one my peg is overful of mud and the heelguard has lotsa mud in there too, like wen ya get stuck in the muck and ya hafta get off to push it, after that happends about 5 times, then i can't get tons of grip, but then again theres usually about 3/4" of mud on the bottom of my shoes too, hmm maybe thats y [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 03-19-2004, 11:28 PM
Trailblazer

Think I will wait for Pro Armor to finish there nerf bars. To many bad storys with those AC nerfs.

Quick Reply: Update on AC-Racing pro peg problems