CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

MSD Or Vortex

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSD Or Vortex

Originally posted by: BartlettRacing
I love my vortex !!!! im getting some alky mapps added [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].....
ALKY MAps ?? hey pm me about those lights upgrades....been waiting to hear from ya......

Old 03-23-2004, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default MSD Or Vortex

Originally posted by: Air
I ordered 22x11x10 10 paddle extremes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I will see them in 6-9 weeks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Umm ok and?....This is a CDI box discussion...

Old 03-23-2004, 01:22 AM
Air
Pro Rider
Default MSD Or Vortex

Dragorus,
I know that, I started the thread and the Annhilator asked me a question which I answered

Old 03-23-2004, 04:37 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default MSD Or Vortex

Frist i have all three the MSD,VORTEX,RWR the rwr is the cheapest and correct me if im wrong thebigshow but it dose not have a rev limiter.the vortex is the next level and its nice to have the shift on the fly switch.And the msd is the SHIZNIT !!!! and is in a leauge of its own.

Old 03-23-2004, 08:31 AM
Air
Pro Rider
Default MSD Or Vortex

Originally posted by: AZSAND
Frist i have all three the MSD,VORTEX,RWR the rwr is the cheapest and correct me if im wrong thebigshow but it dose not have a rev limiter.the vortex is the next level and its nice to have the shift on the fly switch.And the msd is the SHIZNIT !!!! and is in a leauge of its own.
Thank you for the best information in the thread, this is what I was hoping to find out. Which would you reccomend to a Rider who does Mountain trails, Desert Trails, and Dunes in equal proportions.

Old 03-23-2004, 09:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default MSD Or Vortex

For the setup you have listed i would run the vortex i would have the default map set for dunning and trail riding and my swith position #one set advanced for my nitrous runs.That way its easier to switch than flipping dips[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2004, 11:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default MSD Or Vortex

why would you lose the tach?
my RWR cdi had no tach output, but I still use a tach, just teed into one of the two coil wires, either one doesn't matter, they simply tee off of the same ignition wire from the cdi anyway.
solder connections and srink tube to avoid bad connections later - don't redneck your ignition wiring with crimp connectors and tape.

Old 03-23-2004, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MSD Or Vortex

AZSAND,
Is it just the added maps and features of the MSD that you like over the Vortex, or does the MSD simply outperform the Vortex in terms of spark and power gains.

From the features listed it sounds like the Vortex is a better choice for those who do more trail riding while the MSD is better suited for those who drag.

Old 03-23-2004, 02:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default MSD Or Vortex

What i feel makes the msd heads above the rest is all the features with the added fact you can adjust it your self with out having to send it in to anyone[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] And i seen an added hp or two with the massive spark and i just plain like the little red box[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] but yes it probably is a drag racer thing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

PS On the vortex i have both versions the speed shift and standard[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2004, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MSD Or Vortex

I was not aware there were different versions of the Vortex. What do you mean by "speed shift" and "standard"? What is the difference?

Quick Reply: MSD Or Vortex