CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Calling ALL Lectron 44 Guys... please help me keep my Lectron

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 09:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling ALL Lectron 44 Guys... please help me keep my Lectron

You are aware that there are three springs for the 44mm lectron as long as she will still return you can drop spring tensions?????????? And actualy thats all the lectrons have a choice of three springs.Well i don't know about the MrHp 46hv ive never had that one but i imagine the springs will work just the same.

Old 03-29-2004, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

Hmmm that is another option. I didn't realize there were several springs. Tomorrow night I will look into it. I will contact Eric and see if there are any springs available.

Old 03-30-2004, 01:26 AM
Canadian and Proud of it !!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to have the tension problem as well, just ask blackhawk - he rode mine during 4-stroke wars. Could not feel my thumb for a week after I got back. I now have played with it enough that it is managable.
The first thing you have to do is remove the spring from the stock thumb throttle. Then you have to take some time and route the cable properly. My cable comes up under my gas tank cover (straight up) and is tied off to the filler neck (under the cover) goes in front of the tank, makes a loop and goes toward the throttle.
I also have a thumb save installed. This has to go - looks like crap. I am planning to order a billet thumb unit so that I can get rid of the big hole in the side of the stock unit.

this set up Seem to work for me.

I can take and post some pictures if anybody wants.

Old 03-30-2004, 08:57 AM
Pro Rider

MRDS650

PLEASE send pics. On my gallery page the last image shows the way I have mine routed. I think my problem is that I routed it UNDER the tank not the tank cover. It's basically a 90 degree bend. The pic gives a clear idea.

I also made the mistake of getting 60% stronger clutch springs from Ron Wood Racing. What a mistake. Belive it or not my thumb on my left hand (clutch side) hurts more then my right hand. The DS controls on my bike are killing me.

Old 03-30-2004, 09:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider

you could blend the clutch springs half and half,

Old 03-30-2004, 11:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'd be willing to bet that 90 degree bend you've got of a part of the cable that is made to go straight is what is causing your problem. make that bugger go straight up or get the 90 degree cable guide and you should be much better off. The cable is probably grinding away at the side of the cable housing being bent that much.

Old 04-01-2004, 12:13 AM
Canadian and Proud of it !!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey: Guys
Just took the pics to-night - will post tommorow. Have to go to work to download the pics

Old 04-01-2004, 03:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I got my Lectron installed tonight, everything looks perfect thus far. I didn't get a chance to fire it up it was after 10pm when I got to that point. I had to use a propane blowtortch to bend some of the IMS tank out of the way to allow enough space for the Lectron's throttle cable. Not to mention the tank sits higher than it is supposed to - though that isn't too big of a concern for me since it doesn't look bad & it's functionally perfect. The pull on the cable is quite good now that everything is said and done, I'd rate the stock cable at a 5, and this is a solid 6 - just a tidge more tension.

So remember: a Lectron and IMS tank is probably going to require a blowtortch and a small hammer to make it all come together. And dont' use too much heat or too much hammer, otherwise you'll have to buy a new Gas Tank.

Old 04-01-2004, 06:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I should have posted this earlier, but I thought I had told you already (sorry).

A heat gun and metal ice cream scooper work VERY well for moving the gas tank out of the way. A hair drier might work, but just take a little more time.

Old 04-01-2004, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider

Someone please send me pics...

I'm going to see if I can make room and time to reroute my cable properly today. I may also get the different spring.

Quick Reply: Calling ALL Lectron 44 Guys... please help me keep my Lectron