CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ITP Sand Star Front Tires Review...1st Ride-Great tire!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITP Sand Star Front Tires Review...1st Ride-Great tire!

I rode Florence yesterday onboard with the new ITP Sand Star front tires. These are a dual ribbed dune tire. I kept the airpressure pretty high at 8psi for the first test and rode off. What a surprise the first turn was. They turn on a dime!! I have the Skat Trak Edge 2 rear "V" paddles and this thing was turning so easlily with the new tires.

I previously had King Tires on the front and they did ok. But for sidehilling or turning, the new Sand Stars are the ones to go with. They are a little aggressive and if you want any slip at all on your front tires,these are not the ones to go with. If you turn the bars, you are going to go straight where you point your bike. I was spinning brodies like never before. Tight ones!

This was also the first time I have flipped the X over. (Virgin roll)It was because I caught the edge of the bottom at a razor and the tire turned. The wheel turned me so quick that I laid it on its topside before I knew it. Soft roll, and no damage[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. But the flag is now 6 inches shorter!

Hope this helps some of you looking at new front tires. The Sand Stars were not all that expensive and Rocky Mt. ATV has a fair price on them too. The MSRP is not all that bad too and they are sold where Parts Unlimited is sold. You should be able to get them through any dealer or parts distributor.

Ride on![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-07-2004, 11:24 AM
Elite Pro Rider

glad to hear they work good for you, i have a set of mohawks on the stage two and really don't like those that much. might be a good tire to try. next

Old 04-07-2004, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider

I have the sand stars and had the straight paddle in the rears with stock tires and then got the sand stars and they were a 100% diffrence, great tire and works great and doesent pitch you off but digs nice in the sand. and turns real swet, Im glad i got them, you will actually feel and see a diffrence with this tire compared to others.

Old 04-07-2004, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

Do they seem a little heavy? I was thinking of getting some, but if they are not lighter than stock I don't know if it would be worth it.

Old 04-09-2004, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SANDMAN430
glad to hear they work good for you, i have a set of mohawks on the stage two and really don't like those that much. might be a good tire to try. next
You are welcome to slap mine on for a spin next time we meet up. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Give them a spin. They were impressive.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-09-2004, 02:12 AM
Pro Rider

I didnt weigh them compared to stock, but I believe that they would be a little heavier. The stock tires are 22x7x10 and these are 22x8x10. The size alone may account for a little more weight. But the weight was worth it to me.

Besides, if I want to shave a little weight, Ill drop a few less pizzas, beers or sodas and Ill make up the difference[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 04-09-2004, 03:39 AM
Pro Rider

Besides, if I want to shave a little weight, Ill drop a few less pizzas, beers or sodas and Ill make up the difference[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][/quote]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-26-2004, 11:28 PM
MTX
Pro Rider

i also have the itp front dual rim paddle, works awesome, i have them in "22