CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

for everyone that has purchased a lectron 46hv from mr hp. how close was it right out of the box?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default for everyone that has purchased a lectron 46hv from mr hp. how close was it right out of the box?

Huh...........?????

Old 04-15-2004, 05:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default for everyone that has purchased a lectron 46hv from mr hp. how close was it right out of the box?

Originally posted by: BigDaddy331
One turn is what it took.... I tried a half turn leaner after the initial one turn, but it made the carb too lean on the top. Had to adjust the idle, but that's it. I'd still like to play a little bit with the power jet and needle, however that's more because of a personality flaw than anything. Always thinking that I can get 1HP with a turn here or a twist there.

Mine took a turn, but my motor isn't stock. Different pistons, cams and intakes all matter. I'd say that a turn was pretty simple. If the cable setup would have been better at the time (my fault because I RUSHED the order), the adjustment would have taken less than a minute. I also had an ace in the whole with Mario. He knew just what it needed! After the adjustment, the difference was night and day!

Would you say 3 - 5 bike lengths Mario?

Yes, this is very true. Due to all motors beathing @ different rates, some may take one turn here or there. But we tested a stock needle w/ my lectron 48hv and it would absolutely not idle right or rev out in high RPMs.
Eric did give me a measurement of the next needle (which needle was perfect) The measurement he gave me (as far as needle length) was actually just about spot on for the dyno. I then tuned PJ for max top end power. BUT HE WAS THERE AT A DROP OF A DIME TO WORK W/ ME as far a service goes. Great customer service. But at least Mr Hp sends them out a tad rich to be on the safe side (luckily for some)