CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

for everyone that has purchased a lectron 46hv from mr hp. how close was it right out of the box?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default for everyone that has purchased a lectron 46hv from mr hp. how close was it right out of the box?

i just ordered one from him along with a host of other parts. thoes of you who have recived a lectron from mr hp how close was it set up to your bike? how much tunning did it take to get it on? how difficult was it to tune? i am taking my bike to a local dyno and having both the lectron and the tm45 dynoed on my bike. he told me if i wasnt happy with the lectron he would take it back. no questions. thats gotta say somthing for someone actually standing up for their product.

Old 04-15-2004, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider
Default for everyone that has purchased a lectron 46hv from mr hp. how close was it right out of the box?

I'm very happy![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-15-2004, 01:27 AM
Canadian and Proud of it !!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best Money I ever spent. I had to set the idle and that it !!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-15-2004, 02:08 AM
Trailblazer

I just got mine installed i like it jetting was right on strait from the box

mike

Old 04-15-2004, 10:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm real happy with the performance of the carb. As for how close the jetting was right out the box, I havent made any adjustments.

Old 04-15-2004, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when you order it you tell him about your elevation and temperature, it comes set up... i never touched mine.. and it ran better than two different carbs i had that i rejet a million times for 2 years before i got his.....HIs rocked....was a great carb MrHP.. i ended up selling it on the bike to a dude who took it to Mexico! to ride...... so i think ill be sticking with the stock carb on the YFZ.. its a full up race carb to start with....
JJ

Old 04-15-2004, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

well see how my raptor carb comes out, should be seeing it real soon, I dont mind a little tunning but i hope it's spot on. I got a 48HV Lectron set from him... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-15-2004, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

One turn is what it took.... I tried a half turn leaner after the initial one turn, but it made the carb too lean on the top. Had to adjust the idle, but that's it. I'd still like to play a little bit with the power jet and needle, however that's more because of a personality flaw than anything. Always thinking that I can get 1HP with a turn here or a twist there.

Mine took a turn, but my motor isn't stock. Different pistons, cams and intakes all matter. I'd say that a turn was pretty simple. If the cable setup would have been better at the time (my fault because I RUSHED the order), the adjustment would have taken less than a minute. I also had an ace in the whole with Mario. He knew just what it needed! After the adjustment, the difference was night and day!

Would you say 3 - 5 bike lengths Mario?

Old 04-15-2004, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

Mine was was 1 turn off. Other then that it was perfect!

Old 04-15-2004, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

Me, Ced, 401 and a few others will be there on the 14th and 15th of May!

Quick Reply: for everyone that has purchased a lectron 46hv from mr hp. how close was it right out of the box?