CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

droped my ds off at the dyno today

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 03:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default droped my ds off at the dyno today

Not only are you wasting octane IMO, but you may see worse performance than with a lower octane better suited for your compression ratio.

Old 04-25-2004, 07:34 AM
Pro Rider

i was planning on running 100 octane but couldnt get to the place to get it. so all i could get my hands befor the dyno run is the 114. it has like a half of a tank in it. should i fill the rest with 93? where would that put my octane rating? a local delt sonic has 100 octane at the pump but i dont know if i trust there gas. at least with the 114 i know its sunoco race fuel. one more question will it trow off the jetting if its is dynoed with 114 then i run 100 octane after that?

Old 04-25-2004, 11:08 AM
Elite Pro Rider

i do a mix on mine

Old 04-25-2004, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

You will need to run the same fuel on the dyno that you are going to run any other time. DO NOT START MIXING FUELS. Run one fuel, tune it and stick with it. You are paying big bucks per hour to run your bike on the dyno and you dont need to compromise anything.

Try all the curves on your Vortex, the highest timing curve may not make the most power.

114 octane will make the engine "think" its running rich, so a leaner setting may be required. 114 is a very safe fuel for 12:1 but will loose a small amout of horsepower, probably not enough to ever notice. The main concern is to tune to the fuel that you plan to run.

If the dyno is calibrated correctly you should easily see 55hp and 50ft lbs. Remember that "peak" numbers are basically useless. Be sure and look at the entire graph to see what the real world gains are.

MrHorsepower

Old 04-25-2004, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

i think i may stick with the 114. like mr hp said it is very safe. its local for me to get and the difference in price is nothing. as long as it is tuned on the dyno for it. mr hp what is the specs on my cam shafts, i didnt see it in the paper work. hopefully wensday is the day. ill post pics of the dyno graphs

Old 04-28-2004, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

come to find out the fuel i am running actually has a motor octane of 107. 114 was the research horsepower. i called the dyno today to find out how they were making out and they told me they couldn't dyno the bike because the new cahin hand't come in yet.( my old one was reall rusty so they said i should replace it befor the dyno run.) i had ordered it last friday and was supposed to be here monday. i told him dont worry about the chain i could order one from anywhere and have it here in one day. then he told me it doesnt matter because if the chain was here he couldnt dyno it any way because the dyno broke. but my buddy called there this morning to ask about the dyno and the told him to bring it down and they would run it. so i am going out there tommorow to get my bike back. its been a week and they havent done anything yet and telling me they dont know when the dyno will be fixed to try and call them again next week. i aske if i could pick up the bike then have them call me when the dyno was fixed and i would bring it down and wait for it and they said no we do not do appointments. its first come first serve, so if i dont leave it it wont get done. something sounds fishy. so im not calling them im just showing up to get my bike back. i am going to see if there is a place in syracuse i can take it to and wait.

Old 04-28-2004, 10:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hope you don't find your quad in pieces. I'd go get it back to. Don't do appointments? That would be the only way they'd do it, IMO. This has halibet all over it. Good luck.

Old 04-28-2004, 11:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

were you talking to the owner? sometimes you can get an uninformed cashier person that is trying to relay info of what is going on but does an inaccurate job of it.

sounds to me like the owner and dyno assistant have their priorities mixed up.

if you don't resolve this, you can tell them they lost your business and mine!

there might be a dyno in batavia also.

try:

8 Apollo Drive
Batavia, NY 14020 USA
585-345-0055

Old 04-29-2004, 03:51 AM
Pro Rider

i talked to the owner but they have some one else run their service dept. i just have a bad feeling about this place. sound like their making excusses.

Old 04-29-2004, 10:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider

seems some shops like to get as many people thru the door as possible then after they have your machine well it will be a few more days or something didn't come in or , you know the problems.

Quick Reply: droped my ds off at the dyno today