CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

droped my ds off at the dyno today

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 11:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default droped my ds off at the dyno today

Originally posted by: saint650
i talked to the owner but they have some one else run their service dept. i just have a bad feeling about this place. sound like their making excusses.
the owner told me he runs the dynos.

any update on the situation yet?

Old 04-30-2004, 05:53 AM
Pro Rider

i went out there today and talked to the owner ron. he does all the dyno work. he was telling me the air fuel meter is not reading correctly and he is waiting for a new one to show up. it was supposed to be there on wensday. he said if it showed up yesterday or today he would stay after work and do it but if it was staurday there would be no way he could get to it. i asked if i could take the bike and have him give me a call with the sensor came in, he said i was free to take it but the chances of me finding time to meet him back there to do it wouldnt happen. its still a little weird that some people walk right in there and get there bikes put on the dyno and tunned, but i have to wait a week and he will not let me make an appointment to bring it in to get done.

Old 04-30-2004, 09:41 AM
Elite Pro Rider

maybe there is a business oppurtunity for you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-30-2004, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.

I know the feeling. I made an appointment 2 weeks ago to get dyno time to fine tune my DS. Took the bike in Tuesday at the appointed time. Wed. pm still no action. Went in Thursday pm and still not started. A new customer was there to establish a relationship with the owner to bring his bike in for future repair. I listened for awhile as the owner patted himself on the back, then I asked him if my bike was done. He replied 'no, I'm waiting for a couple of more quads to come in for dyno and I will do them all at once'. I reminded him about the appointment and all he could say was' I'm just about to go do it. You have to have patience when you have someone a good as me working on your bike.' I told him no thanks and got my DS and left. The other customer was just standing there with a funny look on his face. I guess I am thin-skinned, but s##t like that really sets me off.
What do you think, should I have just left it there?

Old 04-30-2004, 06:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'd NEVER leave my DS at a dealer.

Old 04-30-2004, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

IM LOOKING IN TO TAKEING IT TO HOT TO GO IN BUFFALO. HE WILL SET AN APPOINTMENT WITH ME AND DO IT WHILE I AM THERE. I TALKED TO THE PLACE WHERE IT IS NOW AND THE PART FOR THE DYNO IS STILL NOT IN AND I WAS TOLD IT WILL BE IN TO THE END OF NEXT WEEK NOW. SO THATS 2 WEEKS MY BIKE HAS BEEN THERE.

Old 04-30-2004, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

hey scooby did you ever use 7s? i know one of my buddies took his bike their no appointment or anything and they put it on the dyno right away and ran it. he wasnt happy with it when they were done but the owner told me that was because the air fuel guage was off and thats what he is waiting for now. but how long do i have to wait 2-3-4 weeks. plus if i pick up the bike i lose my spot and would have to drop it off and wait all over again?

Old 04-30-2004, 07:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

not the dyno, just for DS parts. they were remodeling the dyno room last time I was there during the winter. the owner was trying to get me to dyno my DS, but I told him when the weather improved. but i will not leave my ds there - too much invested in it.

the owner is slightly odd and the place is way way out there. it could be he's just very interested in dynoing your setup and doesn't want you to take it cause he knows you'll find some place else and won't return. but having my DS at the dealer long term makes me nervous.

if it was me i'd pick up my DS.

i'm estimating i'm getting close to 130RWHP as of late.

Old 05-01-2004, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

a lil more hp and you'll have 100 more than me, yay!

Old 05-01-2004, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider

scooby, 130 hp? that is absolutly impressive!!!!! ron is a little odd. i dont know to take him as cocky or as thats his personality. there is alot of closer places to get ds parts. clarkson auto electric is out west on 104 but no where as far as 7s. talk to jerry, he is a good guy. there was a place in ontario called darrels that was a bomb dealer but i heard he just gave up carrying bomb. dont know if this is true yet or not. i am supposed to hear from a guy from hot to go racing in buffalo. they have a dyno and do a lot of work with lectron carbs. but they are not a bomb dealer and are not real familiar with the ds. i dont know if im better off going somewhere that deals with ds on a regular basis, or if anyplace that knows lectron carbs would be able to accomplish the same thing. i just dont want to wait 2-3-4 weeks to get my bike dynoed. it took me about a month to get the motor apart, sent out, returned and reassembled. i am anxious to run it. but at the same time i want to make sure i am getting the most for my money as far as getting the carb dialed in. if i did it myself i may be missing out alot on the potiential of the carb.

Quick Reply: droped my ds off at the dyno today