CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Trinity racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 12:27 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trinity racing

I have a Trinity Pipe. I have seen dyno sheets on other sites about the pipe, and none of them show losing hp. Trinity sent me a .190 main with the pipe, a little too rich. Maybe with it that rich it loses power, but with a .180 main it does build a good amount of torque on bottom end. Power that you can definetly feel. Big hp gains I don't think as much as they claim. I have never ran mine on a dyno, no need to. It's a stock bike with a pipe. I can tell you that my buddy has the exact same year bike we bought them together, all stock he could beat me up China Wall by about a bike lenghth or two. After the pipe, it's whoever gets the holeshot now. That's with me out weighing him by 100 lbs. I don't like the looks of the Trinity pipe. I used to think there was a fit issue with them but after I was going to sell it here in the "garage" and when the deal did not happen, I put it back on my bike and realized I didn't have it mounted right the first time. No fit issues anymore. As far as the "chirp" sounds, you end up tuning it out when you are riding. It doesn't bother me anymore. I need a legal arrestor on my bike now, so the trinity is still in my garage.

Old 04-29-2004, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default Trinity racing

Is the graydon/ct good for woods? How does the finish hold up? I thought it was made out of the same stuff that the Big Guns are made of and do tend to rust?
I also thougth the graydon was a disk system??

Old 04-29-2004, 02:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default Trinity racing

Originally posted by: Forcefed
i was told by mr hp the trinity lost hp most of the way through the curve
Absolutely true.

I had one on my ride the first time I went to the dyno with Mr. HP...the Trinity lost HP all over the curve except for a very small RPM window in the midrange.....

We put Graydon`s full system on and crushed the Trinity....sold it on Ebay the next week.

But they sure do look nice....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
there is no way the trinity pipe loses hp over the stock pipe. i'm not saying it's the best (although it does look the best), and it probably loses hp across the board compared to the graydon/ct pipes, but when i put on this pipe not only could i feel the difference, but i was beating people i could not beat before. i don't need a dyno to tell me that the stock pipe is restrictive as hell and the trinity opened it up! trinity did send me a 190 main jet so that could have been your problem cuz 190 is waaaayyyyy too rich. i put in a 172.5 and works great. i'm happy with the way it looks and sounds

Old 04-29-2004, 02:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default Trinity racing

I think people often forget that pipes have more services than just gaining power. One thing I have seen several times is that when others add a pipe their motor, it runs cooler. That tells you there is better flow and the hot exaust gasses are getting out of the motor. A cooler running motor equals HP. People can add end caps all they want for a cheap alternative but I still firmly believe that a good quality pipe has more HP gains and other benifits along with them. To claim one like a Trinity actually looses HP I find extremely hard to beleive. You may not feel a big gain, but if you have a temp meter you will see a difference, that I guarentee you. Dont get caught up in marketing hype, do your research and talk to them all. You will find they all have big claims, then go to the dunes and see the results for yourself and make a decision of your own. Remember companies are there to make money and they will say what it takes to get you to buy. I never buy hype, I buy facts that I can see and feel.

Old 04-29-2004, 09:58 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Trinity racing

well said, and yes the graydon can rust, not like the woods. i ride at the coast so it is a salty condition and it cleans up well so proper cleaning will help a lot.

Old 04-29-2004, 10:08 AM
Range Rover
when your holding the football - people will throw evrything they can at you to strip it away .... including the waterboy at the end of the bench.
Default Trinity racing

190 main jet so that could have been your problem cuz 190 is waaaayyyyy too rich
Jetting was not the issue, we went from a 165 down to a 137.5 (TM45) incrementally.
i don't need a dyno to tell me that the stock pipe is restrictive as hell
The stock exhaust actually flows quite well, its the end cap that is the issue.
there is no way the trinity pipe loses hp over the stock pipe
It wasn`t being compared to a stock pipe.
when i put on this pipe not only could i feel the difference, but i was beating people i could not beat before
Same results could have been attained with an endcap performance wise.

I was only trying to relay information that was attained first hand by very qualified people on a dyno. The tests were done on a highly built engine. Remember Trinity`s claim about this pipe? Somethng about the last one you will ever need, and it (the pipe) only gets better the more mods you do to your engine down the road??? That is why I bought it....and I`m sorry I did.

Also the actual question at hand for this topic was:
Anyone running their pipe for a ds? Any dyno readings on this? I heard this is the best performing pipe for a ds besides a drag pipe. A big increase in torque and hp over a mrhp end cap.
Yes - Yes - No - No

Remember companies are there to make money and they will say what it takes to get you to buy. I never buy hype, I buy facts that I can see and feel.
Well said....

Old 04-29-2004, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default Trinity racing

forcefed, i was not comparing the endcap to the trinity. i have never seen or ridden with mrhp endcap on. i was simply saying that the trinity is better than stock, which is what i thought you were comparing it to. i agree that trinity's claims about 10hp on a stock motor and more gains as you do engine mods is bs, but i still like the pipe. if i could do it over again i might have bought the endcap so i could have kept my heat guard and saved money!

Old 04-30-2004, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!
Default Trinity racing

The Trinity pipe has a sweet spot from 4000-5500rpm because of its extremely long head pipes which are the same as the stock headpipe diameter by the way. Do not expect it to make off idle or top end power if comparing to the end cap. My billet end cap when used with my jetting instructions has out performed every pipe I have ever tested on the dyno from 0-6500rpm on a stock engine.

Old 04-30-2004, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default Trinity racing

For the sake of 95 DB, how much power or throttle responce do you loose when using a supertrap end on a endcap? say 12 disk?

Old 04-30-2004, 12:50 AM
Trailblazer
Default Trinity racing

Thanks mrhp. Trinity claims 9-10hp. Heres the email I got.
We do make an excellent DS650 exhaust system. It is made out of stainless steel and comes with an aluminum muffler, billet sliding muffler clamp, jetting, and hardware.

I will have to check with my service department to see if they still have the dyno saved for the DS650 system.

We are getting about 9-10 hp peak gains with our system.

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Thanks

Randy Johnson
Trinity Racing
3035 E La Mesa St
Anaheim CA 92806
Ph.714.632.3434

I much rather spend $125 then what the trinity cost! How does your cap with the reverse cone compare to say my home made hack stock cap with a chunck of 3" stainless pipe welded in place and a 175 jet and the vac spring clipped 3-4 coils. Is your cap "tuned" with the reverse cone or is it just for good looks?

Quick Reply: Trinity racing