CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Ran our HP Research 650 on Sat.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 11:45 AM
Range Rover
when your holding the football - people will throw evrything they can at you to strip it away .... including the waterboy at the end of the bench.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ran our HP Research 650 on Sat.

Well this past Saturday we had our first chance to run our 650 built by HP Research. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
WOW!!
In a mild state of tune, and right off the trailer, the wife took 2 classes and was the fastest non-nitrous 4-stroke at the entire event. And the 2nd quickest over-all to include all the nitrous bikes !!! (of which that title will be hers soon too if Eric has anything to do with it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])

Mr. HP`s drag pipe ROCKS!!! It revs for-ever, looks mean, and when under load at RPM...it demands your attention. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] The porting, valve, and cam selection pull so hard it puts one of those stupid grins on your face that lasts well beyond the end of the race. The auto-tranny shifts like at stick of butter wrapped in silk, and the Ultra-lite 14:1 revs like a 2-stroke.

I can`t express how impressed and appreciative we are for all the hard work HP Research put into our engine. I look forward to some fine tuning of the engine and chassis set-up to extract even more out of this beast. 1st rate product AND customer service...thank you very much.

The Blackwell`s

Old 04-30-2004, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

WOW!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-30-2004, 11:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider

glad to hear the good results, i really like hearing about ds's doing good. hoping to go this weekend and let the 25hp shot loose, been doing some runs for tests think it's time to line up on the hill[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] have to say it really moves on the flats.

Old 04-30-2004, 12:12 PM
Range Rover
when your holding the football - people will throw evrything they can at you to strip it away .... including the waterboy at the end of the bench.

COUNTRYJOEGLASS...from the looks of your signature, you`ll soon know what I`m raving about.

One of the best parts is when people realize its stock bore & stroke on gas (especially the Nos guys) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

We are pretty well set competition wise for the year, but if by chance someone manages to break-out something later in the year.....may God help them when we bolt HP Research`s big bore kit on ! he he he

Old 04-30-2004, 12:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Can you tell me more about the auto tranny?

Old 04-30-2004, 12:31 PM
Range Rover

Its a 1-3 over-ride and incorporates all the same features that you would find in a Banshee tranny. Full throttle - clutchless upshifts. All the same rules apply in regards to operation. Since the DS over-ride is still new (compared to the other over-rides on the market) it might take a little research time to incorporate the other 2 gears...but I`m sure it will happen eventually.
Is that what you were looking for...?

Old 04-30-2004, 12:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeap, Thanks.

Old 04-30-2004, 03:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

what times did you run?

what did the quad that beat it have?

is this a lightened chassis?

gas only, no additives?

what does mild state of tune mean?

dirt drags?

how many feet?

Old 04-30-2004, 04:16 PM
Range Rover

what times did you run? --> 3.70 - 3.73

what did the quad that beat it have? --> 340-350LB- 727 Raptor- on a 35-40 shot-and 5 weeks worth of chassis and engine tuning ahead of us. He was running high 3.6`s

is this a lightened chassis? --> Yes, but still have stock front hubs, a-arms, stem, brakes wheels&tires. Soon to be changed.

gas only, no additives? -->Straight C-12.

what does mild state of tune mean? -->Running a TM45 on the rich side (break-in) Will be bolting our 48 Lectron on it shortly.

dirt drags? -->Yes.

how many feet? This weekends race was only 200, typically add 1 to 1.1 seconds for 300ft.

There were another 2-3 built nitrous Raptors there and a large helping of built/bored/stroked/alky thumpers as well.
There has only ever been one other non-nitrous production 4-stroke in our area run in the 3.6`s and he had issues backing that up. We will be running deep in the 6`s pretty consitantly (200)
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Don`t want to sound like I`m bragging.........just awfully proud!

Old 04-30-2004, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ran our HP Research 650 on Sat.