CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Power Problems!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Problems!

Hey hightower I can tell you first hand having a kid is scary stuff...espeically the first couple of months but when they get older the can get into quads and stuff and that is where parenting has it's perks.

The cheapest fix would be getting a stock size or bigger sprocket. Change the sprocket before you go to the dunes. Your changing tires right? Change a sprocket while your at it. Get one of those neat TVI sprocket covers and away ya go.. won't need to shave down the sprocket guard.

Old 05-01-2004, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power Problems!

Chris, you are going to be a great Dad! don't worry about it, now go make that baby..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2004, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Power Problems!

Yeah, hit it like you're mad at it!

My wife claims my "baby maker" doesn't work...I tell her it's Gods way of saying, Buy more man toys...

Old 05-01-2004, 10:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Power Problems!

Boy thanks guys!
Like Andrew says, it sucks to be cursed with such a problem![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But honestly, its a blast with this "uncontrollable" feeling, I mean I really am happy with it really.
I think I'll save my money and put it towards a trick T-Rex like Entomber has for his kid!
Thanks for the confidence Wayne! Good luck with your 760 btw.
And good luck Saint650 with the dynoing, let us know the end results!

Coyoteman, you coming up to SL this May with us??!?!

Old 05-01-2004, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default Power Problems!

Hightower

Matt is starting to outgrow it soon I'll have to save it for your little young-in when he/she becomes of age. It is a crazy ride I tell ya that thing is so repsonsive, now if only I can get my DS that silly.

Good luck with your project become a dad, shoot for a healthy one.

Hey you an Wayne planning to go to Silver Lake. I'm thinking of heading out there soon, just scared my tranny in my new vehicle (A Bronco with 160k miles) might give out on the way there then I'll be totally screwed. Maybe I'll take a few stops on the way there give the tranny a rest. PA can kill ya with all the mountainous terrain.

Old 05-01-2004, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Power Problems!

Hightower
After having three children. There is no better feeling than when you get home
from work and her Daddy-Daddy . Good luck and have fun making your next best riding
partner.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2004, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default Power Problems!

Hightower,

What are the dates 25th-26th? I think that is a Tuesday-Wednesday isn't it? I don't know but I will try like hell, I would love to check it out and meet you fellas.

Old 05-02-2004, 12:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Power Problems!

hit it like you're mad at it!
LMFAO!

Entomber I'm going up to SL May 25,26 - not sure if Wayne can make it yet, he's getting some motor work done. I know what you mean about Pa, been through there recently, btw why does that I-70 have to be so damn narrow on the east side of the state?!

Yes Coyoteman - arriving morning of 25th, its a tuesday. We own those dunes on weekdays this early in the year, makes for great riding with few truck tracks in the sand - the downwind side of the dunes are smooth as a baby's bottom, with sand so loose and steep it just cascades from under your wheels and avelanches over your tracks leaving no trace of treading, its truly awesome to ride clean track free sand first thing in the morning on a non-busy weekday like that, especially if we're blessed with dry weather and a breezy night before. I hope you can make it - we camp at Jellystone that night, plenty of food and suds, and another day of riding on the 26th. If you go, maybe you can hook up with us and caravan together.

Old 05-02-2004, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider
Default Power Problems!

If you like hit it like you are mad at it....

Tell your woman what I tell mine, " I'm declaring Jihad on that a$$"

Old 05-02-2004, 03:38 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.
Default Power Problems!

Hightower, have you thought of leaning forward? at 6'8" you ought to be able to look down at the headlight. That would keep some weight on the front end. The DS is a nose heavy pig compared to my last bike, a CR500 with a paddle. If you are really having this big of a problem then a +2 should still be good for all around riding. I rode Sandmans +4 and forgot it was even there. Oh and little tire pressure changes can help your tires slip a little at the start if you get too much traction.

Quick Reply: Power Problems!