CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

help me choose mud tires for my ds.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me choose mud tires for my ds.

I have realitors and they are ok, but i dont think I will be getting another set. My friend works a a large tire supplier and he swears by vampire tires, he had them on his grizzly, they are not only one of the best cleaning tires, they are very tough and durable.

Old 07-22-2004, 06:24 PM
Range Rover

i just found out that spider trac tires are discontinued. i called everywhere for them and no body has anymore. those are great tires.
anyways are the super swamper vampires a flat squared design or are they rounded? also the same for the mud machines.
i want a nice set of mud tires but i also want them to be pretty good in the sand to. the places i ride have some huge sand pits that are wicked fun but also have 1000's of miles of trails with water crossings, mud holes etc. so i want a tire that will get me through the deepest mud but still let me have some serious fun in the sand. i have 20 razr 2 on the back and they are just to damn small.

jeff

Old 07-23-2004, 12:40 PM
amd
Pro Rider

Mud what is mud. My ds hates the mud[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-24-2004, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider

Go with the mud machines. My friend has had them on his quadzilla for over a year and they show little wear. They hook up great and shoot one he!! of a roost!

Old 07-24-2004, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

I ride mine in the mud all the time. It get's stuck all the time. Mainly due to 20" tires. I would get 22" for sure. Do you think if you had the 22 Razr 2's that you would be okay?
Now that I know my quads' caracteristics, I know what I can and can't do/don't want to try. Don't want to try - usually wins because they are so hard to get un-stuck!
You have mud up there??

Old 07-25-2004, 06:42 PM
Range Rover

ya, we have a lot of deep water/ mud holes we have to cross. i just got back today from riding, and again i got stuck and another of my friends with a raptor that has 22 inch spider tracs didnt get stuck.
I honestly am very dissappointed in the razr 2 tires. i wish i could return them and get my money back. worst tires i have ever had. i was playing in the sand also and climbing hills with these tires sucks. if you give it to much gas the tires just spin like crazy and dig into the hill and eventually will spin themselves into ruts and get you stuck.
worst 200 bucks i ever spent. the front ones are fine though.

jeff

Old 07-25-2004, 09:54 PM
Range Rover

try some maxxis all-trak i have them on my Ds and they are very very good they also look cool for mud tires on a sport quad

www.maxxis.com click on ATV section and then chek on sport section they are there

maxxis all-trak dont forget this name[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2004, 02:27 AM
Pro Rider

DS stands for Dune Sport, not a mud/trail machine, a sport machine like the DS won't take well to mud, put it in the sand where it belongs or buy a 4x4, so many people mud-dog these perf. bikes for a year till they are shot and then sell them to some un-suspecting buyer, and they end up re-building all bearings and bushings and so on, thinking man this stuff should'nt be bad or worn out yet, giving the quad a bad rap because of someone else's mud-dog days, if you want to play in the mud, buy a mud oriented machine thats made for it, sport bikes are not, you will just totally ruin them.

Old 07-26-2004, 03:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Jiffy,

Don't Blame the Razr 2s - I don't think it is the tire design that is letting you down. I bet if you had 22" tires you would get stuck AT LEAST half as much. Mud requires clearance, no two ways about it - you have 20" tires which leaves you little clearance, 22" tires gives you an extra inch, which as is proven here means so much. I know in sand tires the difference of that 1" is tremendous, so I'm sure mud means it is twice as important. I suggest you get whatever brand in the 22" (Also remember that Sand Tires Unlimited is usually closer to the measurement than other companies, IE: their 22" might actually be 22" where as other companies might be 20" this means you'll have tires which are that much bigger.)

Once you get some tires that are 22" and have decent mud traction you will also be able to sell the Razr 2s pretty easy asuming they aren't torn up.

Old 07-26-2004, 07:12 AM
Pro Rider

Unfortunately, if you don't live out west you're going to get in mud. I had a LT500 Quadracer for 13 years that regularly saw the mud and did not wear out prematurely. It's maintenance that makes a wheeler last. I also thought sand would wear out bearings, chains and bushings faster.
GBC dirt devils might also be an option for tires. 6-ply lower cost and a more rounded profile for ground clearance.

Quick Reply: help me choose mud tires for my ds.