CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Talk about fun!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Talk about fun!!!

Man I thought DS racing was fun.....let me tell you it was nothing compared to taking this thing out and doing 4-5 all out runs like I did today!!!!!!!

Please wipe the drool off of your keyboard now before damage occurs!

Old 05-06-2004, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry guys I dont know how to make live links, you'll have to copy and paste I guess.

Old 05-06-2004, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider
Old 05-06-2004, 07:17 AM
Pro Rider

nice! I like the gost flames.

Old 05-06-2004, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

Yeehaw, What times did you run?

Old 05-06-2004, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider

SWEEEEET...

That looks like your parents neighborhood. Who's car is that anyways and WTF is he letting a speed freak like you drive it for. Now you are going to want one too. So when are you going to come down and show us that new beast of yours (the DS)? I got mine running, we are headed down to the dunes this weekend for the first runs on the hill.

Old 05-06-2004, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider

DSa,

Ahhh heck, I wanted one for years before this ever happend LMAO. The car is the one I had told you about awhile ago. It's my freind Chris' car. He finally got her done last week. Still has a few things left to do to it before it's totally done. He bought Eriks stereo out of the truck to put in it and he is having that done this weekend by my buddies in SLC. Then just a little bit of finish work but its basically show ready as it sits now. The engine builder told him to take her and run her hard so that they could make sure the motor was going to hold together, so thats what we were doing. If you remember that big hill that i showed you that goes up out of town? We went to the top of it where it flatens out and was doing runs there. The tires on it suck though. I mean they look super nice and it handles awesome but they wont hook up at all. So we were doing rolling at about 10mph starts and even then it would light them up till 4 th gear then you would start getting some hook up. When I drove it, there was a Yukon that was behind me so I pulled off the road and stopped and waited for him to go by. He was doing 65-70 I am sure. I pulled back on the road got rolling and hammerd it. Literally 4 seconds later I had caught him and passed him like he was standing still. Ya it's fast alright, I guess that's what 750 RWHP will do for ya [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. The crazy thing about this car, with doing almost all the work himself, he has almost exactly the same amount of $ in it(including buying the car) as he put out when he bought his wife a new Nissan Maxima. If a person was to keep the motor reasonable and do most the work himself you could build a mean car still and have less into it than you would going to a dealership and pulling just a normal car off of it. I think I will follow his foot steps in the next few years and build me a car of some sort, probably a 65-72 Mustang being the Ford guy I am.

As for the DS, well some things happend here at the store yesterday and now I am thinking I might have to back out for now. Been trying to get ahold of SamcoeDS to talk to him about it. Just have to see I guess but its not looking good. So if he still has it in a month or 2 when we have recoverd the $$ I would need, I might get it then or if it's gone I will build my own. I will probably build one like what me and Scooby have been discussing on that nitrous thread. Kinda sucks but the business comes first.

I'll give ya a buzz and let you know how it turns out though. Ohhh and good eye, the pics were taken at my parents house.