CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

can somebody help me out?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 01:56 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can somebody help me out?

my 03' baja is still stock...i know...i know...its plum pitiful. BUT, i do plan on putting on the mr hp end cap soon. but i've been reading around and i 've noticed a lot od different replies to top speeds. me and all my buddies are not the serious type of racers. we have no dunes to ride on. so we ride mostly dirt roads and trails. but we almost always get on a paved road and just drag down it, no certain distance. just to see who has the fastest bike, not quickest, the fastest top speed. so who here can tell me how exactly to get my top speed up more. other than the end cap. i've heard of different sprockets and 22 inch tires on the back. so is this true? and what do you recommend, just for our dragging purposes. thanx...

Old 05-13-2004, 02:58 AM
Pro Rider

If you are looking for just top speed I would go with a 17tooth front sprocket and 22" tires in the rear. I know with the stock gearing and 22" rear tires it is hard to get the ds to top out and it starts drifting side to side before I ever reached top speed.

Old 05-13-2004, 08:11 AM
sam
Pro Rider

17t front for sure and If I recall right, in a mgazine I read the Bomb engineres said the DS will handle 17front and a 37t rear this will get it to top out in the 90s mph range.
Sam

Old 05-13-2004, 09:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider

running the ds at those speeds on top will get your attention make sure you check everything air in the tires and things like that chain also.

Old 05-13-2004, 12:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SANDMAN430
running the ds at those speeds on top will get your attention make sure you check everything air in the tires and things like that chain also.
Very good advise.

bigger.

Old 05-13-2004, 12:20 PM
Range Rover

i see....so if i were to up my front sprocket to a 17 tooth and go with 22 inch rear tires, it will be a lot harder for me to get to my top speed?

Old 05-13-2004, 01:01 PM
Range Rover
when your holding the football - people will throw evrything they can at you to strip it away .... including the waterboy at the end of the bench.

Maybe not so much harder, rather....it will take longer. And from how you described your racing situations, this isn`t any issue if your only after top-end and not who gets there quicker.

Through a little HP/Torque into the equation, and you will be able to pull that taller gearing ratio like you could the stock gearing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-13-2004, 11:23 PM
Range Rover

ok....i get it now. so with the mr hp end cap and possibly a new carb this wouldnt be that hard to get to my top speed. thanx for all the help.