CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Sand MT Utah? Memorial Day? Next weekend.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sand MT Utah? Memorial Day? Next weekend.

Is he really serious about no bikes that will give him a run???????? There are some 450's and raptors down here that will give him all that he can handle for sure. Sand mtn is the best drag racing hill in the country bar none. There is the saddle and the face pick your posion.

It is king of the hill weekend! All the big boys will be there on saturday! The wether will be good it always is even if it rains it will be gone in a few hours and nice again. It was as bad as I have ever seen on easter and we still got a lot of riding in and had a blast.

So quit worrying and come play in the sand!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Plus if I know the Major and I do, he will have the turbo done and ready to tear it up!!!!! It would be worth it to just see that beast run!

Old 05-24-2004, 11:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

DSA, Dont listen To Tony, he wants me to haul this chick up there for him but I dont have the room on my trailer (flatbed).
As far as the trip goes, Ill try to soldier through it this week and make it up there (Business hasnt been a walk in the to say the least). And as far as competition out there, I KNow there will be plenty of banshees and raptors to race. Ill do what I can to make it. Its early enough in the week at least to work on it. I have heard many good things about that hill.

Old 05-24-2004, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

Hey... even if I don't have the "little" YFZ running, I can still bring my dirtbike and ride for a while/shoot vids. Wussies!!! Better come up.

Edit #1: I don't have a digital vid cam so somebody will need to let me shoot with theirs.
Edit #2:Mario/Sam/etc. you guys need to come here. I ain't given up on the YFZ. I'll work/do anything to have it kicking started by this weekend. Even if I don't have it figured out, you don't want to pass up a trip here.

Old 05-25-2004, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider

Well I hope that you can make it but the weather for friday looks like it might be a bit crappy. I hope that it changes but if not at least sat and sun look good. Either way it will be fun. If the weather is bad we can just play MXunleashed on the PS2 in the trailer [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-26-2004, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

Well I was afraid of this.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] My parents came up for the summer to do their usual boating up at Jackson Lake and they just found out after spending 3k on their boat getting it ready that they won't be able to put it in this summer.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Some Idaho b.s and I am sure the tree huggers are behind it, trying to say their isn't enough water for the Salmon to run, and that Rainbow trout are taking over Palisades Resevoir in Alpine, Wy. What a bunch of BULLSH@T!!!!! What did the Salmon do before we put dams in?????? And i can't figure out the thing about the Rainbow trout? They think by draining Palisades Resevoir that they will flush all the EGGS downstream. I find that hard to beleive.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Anyway my parents can't put their big boat in the water at Jackson Lake so they dragged me up to Idaho Falls yesterday and they bought a 19' Duckworth River Jet boat with 315 h.p.!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] This thing is awesome!! I even talked them into putting in a Sirius system.

Anyway, needless to say is that I won't be able to Make it guy's.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] They need me to go get the boat for them and get it checked out and teach them how to use it. And my father needs help with my mom, they aren't spring chickens anymore. I want them to have a nice summer since they missed last summer when they were with my brother. They need to have some fun and my parents were devestated when they were told they couldn't put the boat in. Fishing is my Mothers life. Anyway, I guess we may have to hook up here at St. A's or something this summer. You boy's have fun out there for me though ok?!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Believe me!, I would rather be coming down their than Fishing, I am not a big fan of it. Take care and have fun. WIll update when I return.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-26-2004, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider

Ok well you got to do what you got to do. I think that if you are not coming that we will stay at the campground if we can find a spot. I think that is a bit better over ther anyways if it rains. Have fun fishing and catch a big one for us. Too bad you will not get to see Majors turbo run it should be killer.

Old 05-26-2004, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

Well from looking at the weather report it is getting worse and worse [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]. It is looking like we will be bagging it as well. I don't want to give my right arm for gas and then sit in the trailer for 3 days while it rains and snows!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]. I think that my vacation will be better used at a different time say around DS days.

Sorry to bug out but it is no fun down there when the wind is blowing like they say it is going to.

It looks like major and myself will be going down on monday for the day to test out the new turbo.

Old 05-26-2004, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

family is first, wish the best of luck to them and enjoy the time you spend with them..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-26-2004, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

Well, as it stands right now, I will be there Saturday, but it's only 1.5 hours from home and a real easy drive. I'm planning on at least being able to run decently, but I'll know more tomorrow evening. Thought about Fallon again, but the wife got jacked up on her dirtbike last week (dislocated shoulder) so she needs me as much as possible with (2) of our (3) kids in Depends. I'll be down there Saturday for several hours then I'll bail for home.

Old 05-26-2004, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

Mario,

I wish I was being sneaky LOL. Well as you heard from Baja[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] I dont have my DS........yet. I had to back out of the deal with Stacy because of some things with my business. Killed me to do so, I really wanted that quad. As it turned out though it was a good thing I did. If he still has it when I get this situation cleared up I may still get it, if not I will find another and start building when the time is right. I have a plan on what I will build and it will be fast. My goal is to have one and be done with it by DS Days now. Business success pending of course.

If I can get to the Mtn this weekend, I am hoping to get to see that legend you ride run and put a face with the name.

Quick Reply: Sand MT Utah? Memorial Day? Next weekend.