CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Mr. HP CDI?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 02:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mr. HP CDI?

Originally posted by: sandbomber
Lets just say I heard about someone stealing mr hps R&D work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Nuff said!!!! I dont blame a man for protecting his living (But hey just my 2 cents)
I heard that as well.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-28-2004, 08:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default Mr. HP CDI?

Originally posted by: busmechanic
Originally posted by: sandbomber
Lets just say I heard about someone stealing mr hps R&D work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Nuff said!!!! I dont blame a man for protecting his living (But hey just my 2 cents)
I heard that as well.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Ok I've sat on the sidelines long enough on this one. First of all, Ron Wood Racing's CDI is made by Nipondenso. The only difference between Nipondenso and Procom is that Procom also sells them. Nipondenso never has - They dont sell over the phone, and they dont sell on Ebay. Many retailers have been approached by Procom, even before they started selling over the internet. I guess it wouldn't be a weird deal, if Procom was simply a manufacturer like Nipondenso. But when they got into the retail side of it, Big Gun left, and many others. There is nothing illegal about anybody selling a Procom CDI under thier own name - as long as there is no patent - In fact, Procom has a dealer and even a distributor program and WANTS dealers!

An example of this is Gasoline. Nearly all gasoline that you buy comes from the same darn refinery. Chevron gets it, they add techron, Arco gets it, they add nothing. Now, if you were a Chevron dealer, and you found out that Joe's Refinery also sold gas, how would you feel? That was Big Gun's delima. The difference here is that now everyone now knows Procom also sells them.

Again, the only thing that makes it tough is the fact that Procom also sells on the internet - that's sort of a conflict of interest in my view, and may be tough for some of thier dealers to hang on to the program. Also, It may even be true that Eric has his own power curve and he is having Procom build them for him (which is what they do for White Bros). In my opinion, its nice to be able to improve on something isn't it? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] - Nuff said. Again, it boils down to how Procom treats Eric. It would be nice to see a good, inexpensive CDI unit out there that you can buy from a guy that will back them up.

Of course, this may all be for nought if the Mr.HP CDI is not even made by Procom.

A lot of us like to screem foul when we think someone stole something from someone else. The fact is, most of us don't have enough facts to make that kind of judgement call. I hope I have shed a little light on this witchhunt before it gets out of control .... again.

See you guys at Horsfall ... I'm packing! Bring your wooden stakes, silver bullets and rosery, cuz there wont be anybody there but a bunch of heathons and evil doers - and some Tokyo radios! I cant wait!

Old 05-28-2004, 09:56 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Mr. HP CDI?

one thing i would like to add, no one is forced to buy a thing from anyone. i've only did a little business with eric and haven't even put the part on the quad yet, but when i do and if for some weird reason it doesn't fit i will expect him to take it back and get the right one, so no one is confused he did send the right one. if any of my stuff from tvi has problems gary covers it, one faulty tach, replaced no problem. i think the guys ate a engine for knutz. these guys just offer a service, that's all.

Old 05-28-2004, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default Mr. HP CDI?

Originally posted by: SANDMAN430
"no one is forced to buy a thing from anyone", "when i do and if for some weird reason it doesn't fit i will expect him to take it back and get the right one"
WORD!

Old 05-28-2004, 10:42 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Mr. HP CDI?

yeah it does seem there was another business in albany that ate some mbrp pipes to make it right by the customers, just part of business.

Old 05-28-2004, 12:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Mr. HP CDI?

I cant help but feel for the dealers, builders and parts suppliers in the quad market. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]Trying to make a profit!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-29-2004, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default Mr. HP CDI?

I purchased a cdi for my 2001 DS from Sunset ATV,they sent me the wrong one.I've tried repeatedly to get ahold of them on the phone(Finally did),sent the wrong part back(I payed the shipping)after over two months I still haven't received my CDI.That said ,find yourself a reputable place to get your parts!!!If I ever get this resolved,I may look to PROCOM.Marvin

Old 05-29-2004, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!
Default Mr. HP CDI?

I would bet Mr. HP could sell his CDI cheaper if he didn't have to charge for the time he spends grinding the Procom numbers off. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Sorry, but thats pretty cheesy in my opinion.[/quote]

Procom curves my CDI's. I take the numbers off so I can distinguish mine vs. the Procom as a quick reference.

Old 05-29-2004, 01:21 PM
MTX
Pro Rider
Default Mr. HP CDI?

is procomm the only cdi you can get for the BAJA ds650