CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Oregon riders

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oregon riders

The bad thing is I have no college degree. I have a job here too. It's tough doing that again without a degree.

Plus, what about my Buckeyes!?

I just need a change from this place. Oregon looks so nice.

Old 05-31-2004, 11:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Oregon riders

hey we don't have the buckeyes but oregon and oregon st. have been coming up strong the last few years. living is nice but that is basically what you make of it anywhere from what i've learned with my travels.

Old 05-31-2004, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default Oregon riders

Hows the construction economy?Is there alot of houses being built?What is the rate of pay, does anyone know?Me and the family feel about like Andrew Thomas,were ready for a change.

Old 06-01-2004, 12:47 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Default Oregon riders

Originally posted by: Andrew Thomas
my brother drove truck for awhile & said Oregon was the best state he'd seen. I saw a thing on History channel about these historic bridges in Oregon too. It just looks so much nicer than here. I'm desperate for a change.
check out atvactiontours.com

they are local and could accomodate you with rentals and all.....

And the rest of the Puget Sound gang could show you around anytime.

Your welcome to join us for a camp/ride (you can ride the Scrammy) anytime.

It is way better out here for sure,,,,but all places have their issues....

If you like mountain trails or dunes,,,,come on out!!!!

Old 06-01-2004, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default Oregon riders

ATVaddict, I always thought MI would be a nice place too. I like snow, I just hate the cold grey Ohio days with no snow. Just cold & grey.

I'm in some kind of a funk I guess. picking up & leave to just to be doing it seems crazy though. Maybe I'm losing my mind. I've been looking on the net at Oregon, Bend Oregons home page I was on for awhile.

Old 06-01-2004, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default Oregon riders

I think the coastal Dunes for riding is the Tops, No Dust, the stuff is clean and washes off with out a mess, you can ride year round, mid winter if you pick the right day will be some of the best riding. It is getting more and more popular so maybe I should say stay away it's no fun at all.

Old 06-01-2004, 10:10 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Oregon riders

the construction is pretty good here but you have to look at the growing towns, i hear most of the coast towns don't do much. seems pay is about average.

Old 06-01-2004, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default Oregon riders

What is average pay for out west ?Andrew Thomas we fell like we are not going anywhere.Maybe its time i start my own company.I just dont know if i want to be responsible for anothers well being.I actually think i am just daydreaming about riding some of those awesome dunes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-01-2004, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Oregon riders

I wonder the same thing...

I think a webpage said average salary was like 37K

Old 06-01-2004, 10:01 PM
SM2
Weekend Warrior
Default Oregon riders

The construction economy is pretty good here (I live in Portland). Bend is also a growing city and they are constantly building new subdivisions, roads, etc. What kind of construction do you do?

As a guy who grew up in Minnesota (GO VIKINGS!!), I can tell you that the upper Willamette Valley (Portland-Salem) has 6 months of grey skies and drizzling rain. If you value sunshine, you need to look East of the Cascade Range. Bend would be perfect. Access to Winchester Bay (Dunefest) is good and the weather is much better (sunnier). I rode at Winchester this past weekend, and it was great.

As for jobs, check out www.oregonlive.com . This is the Oregonian's website (Portlands major newspaper).

Good luck in your decision. If you make it out this way, drop me a line.

Mike

Quick Reply: Oregon riders